What Rear Seats Fit The Ge?

Simply put.

My '95 LX-V6 has nasty tan cloth, which is stained and gross. Also ripped in the back. Really makes the car not liveable.

General consensus is I can swap Milly or MX fronts. Ideally, some nice tan leather MX seats would be nice, but I cannot find a suitable driver's.

Here's what I have staring at me ready for picking:

--an absolute GORGEOUS set of leathers from a GF LX-4

--a couple Millies, some with heat

--a beautiful MX set minus the drivers

My ideal set would be Milly fronts to gain heat and the GF rear as the MX leather is more of a mocha color I think. It's a 93. I also refuse to give up my power driver's seat (I do 400 miles a day 4 times a week). Help me make an awesome set from these cars!

GF rear dont bolt into to GE's. There a bit different. I tried this originally on my own car. MX rears are a bit different i can tell you just from owning one. Never tried to fit them, it might be possible, but your gonna be cutting some stuff. The millenia rear id doubt as it is a wider car, so id assume the seats would be wider back there also.

I recommend waiting out till you find a clean set of mx6 fronts, and then just get a set of rear leathers from a GE. Most of the rears are always in good shape cause there never used, so that will be the easiest thing to find.

I was never able to find a clean MX6 leather drivers seat. So i kind of cheated. Im actually using a good passenger side leather skin over my drivers seat. ;) Its alot easier to find two clean passenger sides, then a good drivers some times. haha.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I was never able to find a clean MX6 leather drivers seat. So i kind of cheated. Im actually using a good passenger side leather skin over my drivers seat. ;) Its alot easier to find two clean passenger sides, then a good drivers some times. haha.

So that's how you did it ha! just the info I was looking for muahahahaha! Tnx bro

Any hints tips or tricks on how to do the swap? :thumbsup:

Well the butt cushion on the drivers seat is actually physically longer. And has a second piece of metal welded to the metal seat bottom. Which makes a passenger seat cover not quite fit. But if you remove that added piece of metal, Its a direct fit. Beyond removing that added chunk of metal off the base, its a direct swap.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I've tried rear seats from a Mazdaspeed6 (aka M6 GG MPS). The dimensions of the rear cushion itself are almost identical (+1cm difference). You just need to make it compatible with 626 hinges and that's it (i.e. get rid of the GG ones and drill 12mm holes):

3xl7.jpg

However, it appears that the butt cushion needs to be either slightly modified (dimensions are still similar) or left from the 626. And I still haven't figured out how to install the locks from the 626 cushion, but I've got a few ideas :)

It looks like that (still in progress):

5hbu.jpg

8vk1.JPG

I'm working on the front seats as well :)

c0qt.jpg