FIS

Fis Mazda 626 2.5L Gt

309 posts in this topic

1995 mod with the 2.5l v6 engine aka. KLDE with a manual transmission and the OEM EU sideskirts. One of the few sold new over here.

Current mods on the car is:

-6000k 55w Xenon in main lights.

-4300k 55w Xenon in fog lights.

-6000k LED bulbs in back fog light and back up light.

-LED all around.

-Cold Air Intake.

-MX-6 leather steering wheel.

-MAF swap.

-Removed emblem from grill.

-Cronos door sills (Stainless steel)

-Chrome door handles.

-Radiator cover in Alu.

-Custom plug wire cover.

-Dropdown Mazda logo in the doors.

-96 Dashboard.

-96 Rear spoiler with integrated brake light.

-Strut Bar.

-Digitale Climate Controller.

-TruBend Magnaflow exhaust system. 2.5" Stainless steel.

-Newly overhauled KLDE engine with KL31 pistons and cams.

And my current plans for now are:

-Install King6 rear suspension.

-Install MS6 brakes and get it approved.

And the long future plans are:

-Win lotto.

-New engine with 250hp @ N/A.

-New headers.

-MX-6 leather gearknob.

-More awesome stuff.

This is the plan as of 2016, might add some more things later wink.png

Compression numbers as of 07.08.16 is:

• Cylinder 1 : 210psi
  • Cylinder 2 : 205psi
  • Cylinder 3 : 205psi
  • Cylinder 4 : 210psi
  • Cylinder 5 : 205psi
  • Cylinder 6 : 205psi

img-361614-1-10139902_720x0.jpg

img-361614-2-10139901_720x0.jpg

img-361614-3-10139904_720x0.jpg

img-361614-4-10139903_720x0.jpg

On 20.2.2014 at 4:26 PM, FIS said:

The 626 I have owned so far wink.png (Pictures can be found here)

1. My dad

1 person likes this

Can't have a build topic without pics pics pics. :) I wanna see all your 626's but having a separate build topic for each might come in handy. I use mine to archive work performed on it more than an actual real project.

Well as of now no mods are installed, and the pictures are too high res to post in the topic but if anyone wan't make them smaler, you find them on my profile, would had been nice as I haven't done it myself in ages :P

Xenon kits is on it's way! Total price was $350 including shipping for 3xH1 55W 4300K, 1xH1 55W 6000K, 1xH7 55W 4300K, 1xH4-3 55W 4300K ;)

Ok so might get give out a huge update on my car ;)

First, car is running normaly now, timing belt was of with 3 teeth..

* MX-6 Steering wheel is installed

* Cronos door sills (Stainless steel) is installed

* Car is EU approved

* New timing belt, oil, water pump and a regular service.

* Cold Air Intake is installed

* Air breathers is installed

* Chrome door handles is installed

* The things I forgot is installed or fixed

And I also got a badass package comming from ND soon, after that a new custom 2.5" going to 3" exhaust will be fixed and installed :D

I will take pictures of the mods, and would like to ask you DJ if you can be so kind and resize the images of the car and the new ones so I can post them here, maybe give me a simple tutorial on how to do it? :)

Will try to become better with updates on this one ;)

If you want to know how to resize images why not search youtube for that? There are tons of tutorials for that kind of thing. ND28 told me about the other goodies you are getting. Should be awesome! Can't wait to see!

Most of them use some hard programs, and looking for a simple one isnt so big on Youtube, but I will try :P

Got some pictures ;)

img-361614-1-10139902_720x0.jpg

img-361614-2-10139901_720x0.jpg

img-361614-3-10139904_720x0.jpg

img-361614-4-10139903_720x0.jpg

Will post some of the mods later ;)

Didn't have to resize them so I am OK for now :P

The website should automatically resize anyway. At least I thought it did. That's one beautiful 626 hatch. Awesome paint, great wheels, love the lip kit and the clean grill. Great great looking car congrats.

Tried, didn't work, but the first pics is also from photobucket, they did work? :(

Any other good sites for uploading pictures?

Tried, didn't work, but the first pics is also from photobucket, they did work? :(

Any other good sites for uploading pictures?

Well mine work without problems, and all are from PB, wihtout the last part of the file. Your problem is that there is no image on the link :P

Moved the pic to a new folder, thats why :P

But will check out more tomorrow ;)

/me = jealous of nice car.

We can't get the hatchback of the 93-97 era 626 in the US... I'm almost tempted to save for a Protege 5 just so I can have a hatch.

Plus, I have come to like the 93-95 smooth hood over the 96-97 domed hood.

Man, FiS, nice car...

Thanks guys, like it very much myself, much better than a sedan actually (No offense :P)

Found out I forgot to remove the "~original" from one of the pics -.-"

So now I can finaly post what I was going to post earlier :P

So DJ, it has a special color on the first pictures it seems to be dark brown, but on the last it gets more green'ish ;)

But it still needs some love, immobilizer system is a pain cuz I can't run a MAF, and has some scratches and a bit of rust that needs to be fixed.

And the grill will be replaced to one like this ;)

2012-09-11151846_zps0627b135.jpg

^ This is my DD, found out where I needed to resize before uploading, it is to get them on the profile.

IMG_651.jpeg

Scratch that needs fixing (How is the color dip thingy like a pen you just press on?)

IMG_886.jpeg

And the rust, this is how it gets after a few years on Norwegian roads during the winter.

IMG_529.jpeg

Engine bay needs a refreshment aswell, planning on coloring the Valve covers, Intake Manifold and the Fuel Rails from my spare car and just replace once it is done ;)

Also, DJ do you got some diagrams over the Cruise Control? I found out my car was not delivered with AC or Cruise, but a OEM AC was installed in the 90's and it got some crappy aftermarked Cruise later so I threw it out, but would like to know if it is an own unit, I have the plug for cruise in the engine bay and on the steering wheel (From a MX-6, but the plug was inside), but I don't got the switch on the right for the steering wheel where I turn it off :S

More pics :D

2013-03-10175952_zpse736e79e.jpg

This happened when we overhauled and fixed the brakes, ALWAYS put the tire back on before letting the car down.. (Luckily no damage done) :P

2013-04-17195026_zpsc7b9f211.jpg

CAI is installed, but I think I will move it due to heavy amount of water getting to it.

2013-04-17195020_zps894fbbb5.jpg

Air breathers installed aswell, don't know what they do, but it looks better :P

But they where a bit big, should had found some smaller ones ;)

2013-04-17195014_zpscc2b09d7.jpg

Gaad, need some paint on the VC's and TB, getting a friend to sand blast them and painting them black and silver (Wannabe Z, his car and engine just looks so good)

2013-06-01160509_zps2d7718ff.jpg

Z's engine when helping him welding the mounting bracket for the air box, and exhaust :)

Lose the little breather filter on your valve cover and route that back how it was stock. Venting it like that can cause more issues then good.

Lose the little breather filter on your valve cover and route that back how it was stock. Venting it like that can cause more issues then good.

Ohh, didn't know that, what could happend with it this way? doesn't it only go to the IM and gets air from the air filter? :s

The blowby that ends up in an engine's crankcase contains moisture as well as combustion byproducts and unburned fuel. The crankcase is sealed to prevent the escape of these gases into the atmosphere, but the vapors must be removed to prevent oil contamination that leads to sludge. The PCV system siphons these vapors from the crankcase and routes them into the intake manifold so they can be reburned in the engine.

Putting a breather filter on it like you have has no suction, so the vapors mostly sit and have no way of escaping. The PCV system is like a vacuum pretty much. If you want to clean up whats going into the intake, just put an inline filter on, but still have it connected.

Ahh, well dang, guess I will need to get some new hoses then since I throwed the old one away :(

Ok, air breathers removed Mono, and relocated the air filter next to the battery and dizzy.

2 Valve covers and the intake manifold is sent for sand blasting so will paint them and change them on my car once they are ready, will also change the friction gear spring and the exhaust HLA's, others will have to wait :P

Also did a mod to my gauge cluster:

img-363663-1-2013-06-24204215_zpsc81373a

When doing this I managed to break 3 instruments in order to get 1 to work, but I learned ALOT from this and will post some details:

(This info might only be to the European version, but I think it is the same)

The I4 and V6 has a different RPM ratio, now this means the rest of the instrument is the same and can be swapped from an I4.

Now each needle is mounted on a pin which goes to a coil (or do you call it inductor?) This coil is mounted on a board that connects to the rest, 3 screws are leading power to the coil and I measured the resistance on it. It had a total value of about 160 Ohm, this is the same as on BOTH cars, so whatever controls the RPM is elsewhere, if it had been a difference in the resistance it would had been the coil most likely.

Now why am I telling this? Well those needles are a pain in the a*s to get of in one piece without breaking the pin, so what is the best solution in order to get them off?

Quick guide: Heat up car and take a picture of the gauge cluster instrument when the car is running, you now need 2 speedometers, needles if it is I4 or V6, on one of them, get the needles off without breaking the pin on all the instruments.

On the other one (the one that not will be used) you heat the plastic until it is easy to get off, the reason you are doing that is because the pin mounted to the coil will not be correct and will "move more in and out" and the problem I had was that it got too much away from the center in the coil it would make the pin not to rotate at all.

After heated every one and gotten the plastic away you got 4 working coils with the pin on them, now you take the other one and use the plastic background from that one (If you didn't change to some other) and then you take your needles that you took of first, some might have the pin mounted and some not. Get a plier and remove the pin from the ones that has them still. Now you put everything back togehter like it was EXEPT for the black cover and the needles.

Now put it in the car, plug it in and start the car. let it run until it is most likely heated up, now you check the picture you took on where the needle was when idling, put the RPM needle at that position, then put the speedometer needle on 0, check the picture what the temp was and place the needle as shown, and last but not least put the fuel needle as shown in the picture.

Now if you got like half a tank with gas, a trick is to not put the needle on half but on full, this way you got yourself a half tank of gas for free :D

/\ Joke