Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Tiberianx

Rain X Works

RainX I totally recommend this stuff on your windshield. It does a great job in keeping rain from distorting your visibility on rainy days. Even when vehicles in front of you are kicking gallons of water at your windshield, you could still see quite well. From my personal experience, I almost never find myself having to use my wipers. At rainy nights where there are no street lights on a highway and moderate traffic, I could see quite clearly with other vehicles kicking up water behind them. The only drawback is if you driving under street lamps without clearing the rain dots off your windshield with the wipers, it could reflect a lot of light in your eyes but never the less, it's worth it for me and a lot safer. I only used this stuff ONCE on my windshield and after a month and a half, the waxiness is still there to repel most rains. Has anybody else used this stuff yet?

IMG_20130106_162743_zps69da3bcd.jpg?t=13

I've been using RainX for about 10 years. I always make sure there's a good amount of RainX on all of my family members vehicles. It almost makes windshield wipers obsolete. If I have to take a long trip (down to the junkyards an hour away) I never ever leave home without a brand new coat of it even if it's a perfectly sunny day because in FL the weather can change any minute. I prefer the concentrated stuff though that I apply with a paper towel. I also use RainX windshield washer fluid sometimes (it's expensive) so no matter what I'm always using it even if I forget to apply it. It's like windshield wipers in a bottle. Wish they would come up with a way to permanently infuse the stuff to windshields.

The only thing I don't like about it is when the windshield begins to fog up it can actually be more dangerous than without RainX because it's really hard to see through it. It makes a foggy windshield even worse. When I notice that the windshield is fogging up I make a mad dash for the climate controls to get it under control before it gets really bad even if that means turning on the A/C in the winter or heat on during the summer. A foggy RainX'd windshield can be deadly dangerous.

Moved to Reviews forum category. Good topic though, wish we had more people writing reviews on automotive products.

Great product, once you go RainX you never go back! :thumbsup:

if its the first time you applied to the (virgin)windshield then you'd want to re-apply it a month from now or you can double up on the first time.

its like car wax for glass.

(if you have the energy and time, do all the exterior glass.) But use the real RainX for better results(not the 2 in 1 lol)

Oh and make sure you clean the windshield like the cleanest it's ever been before applying it for the first time. ND28 is right it's like car wax for the windshield so any imperfections in how clear the window is will stay that way until it wears off. That could take a month in FL sun and outdoor weather or multiple months if you store the car in a garage.

It works. We use it on the race car. It works better if you clean the windshield thoroughly before application. It also works better on newer (less scratched and chipped) glass.

Oh! So that's how you use it =p i have rainx but find it a bit messy,.. Although i never really clean the windshield before putting it on (too lazy to clean it LOL)

(if you have the energy and time, do all the exterior glass.) But use the real RainX for better results(not the 2 in 1 lol)

Are you kidding me, 2 in 1?

It does both for the price of ONE! 2 in 1 means probably twice as effective which means I can go twice as long without having to wash my windshield again!.......

It's incredible, it's like magic :mellow:

I kidd

(Good hygiene gets girls reference) lol

It's also very handy for those dealing with snow. Here's a comparison video. I don't know if this is true or not since I'm not sure what this whole "snow" thing is about anyway. I see it on tv sometimes but just don't believe white stuff can fall from the sky.

http://youtu.be/qS1UvAFA81M

The car wash I use actually has a Rain X section right at the end. They cover the whole car in the stuff. Makes everything look real spiffy.

Mines were almost as good as that in the video, maybe I didn't use enough of it? Anyways getting snow off my windshield, I did notice was a lot easier this year than it was last year. :biggrin: