Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
SixtwoKoop

'81 Coupe From Nz

-13b Bridgeport turbo
-mint series 5 block
-low km series 6 housings
-3000km on rebuild
-mint series 5 gearbox
-Microtech LT10s & x4
-mint series 5 turbo with custom steam pipe exh manifold
-all alloy on motor is polished minus inlet manifold
-polished bellhousing
-front mount intercooler (fits behind grille-just!)
-550cc injectors
-series6 rx7 fuel pick up and pump inside custom 90'ish litre all alloy custom drop tank, not quite finished
-semi de-loomed engine bay
-side mounted motor straight to factory crossmember- fc3s style (not mounted on front cover)

series 5 front struts & 5 stud hubs with 4pot calipers, custom adjustable lower arms, these have given my car quite an excessive track on the front, so ive had to flare the car to accomidate. Am waiting for a friend to change the offsets on the front to be more 'inside' the flare, and on the rear increase the offset and ad an inch or two

-rear monroe gas shocks in rear with lower springs (nice n firm)
-redrilled to 5stud
driveshaft loop
standard diff

panel & paint
90% bare metaled by me and resprayed to a very high standard as im a qualified car painter.
NO rust, all cut out and replaced...
the car is still in pieces as ive just finished restoring it..
-246660706.jpg

246660631.jpg

247790398.jpg

247790587.jpg

you can see my wifes '04 mazda atenza (6) in the background... keeping it real

• Like 1

To coin a phrase, "Sweet As!!!!"

RX2 tail lights are a little different. It never ceases to amaze me what you guys are allowed to do to cars in NZ!

You've got this on Trade Me at the moment as well?

ive just noticed that i may have posted this in the wrong section if a moderator could move it, that would be great....

yes its on trademe, lots of views, hardley any interest...

from my 3 years of ownership trawling the web on coupes, ive come to the conclusion that after my build, this will be the best rx626 coupe in the country...

plenty of 4 doors, very common build here.

Where would you like this topic moved to? A build topic? It's currently in appearance category for "other 626's" which is a good place for this unless you're trying to sell the car... do you want this to be a build topic?

That's one sweet 626. Are the side mirrors original? I like the tail light modification. Great paint job! You might be right about it being the nicest coupe in NZ. It's pretty special. Thank you for joining up here and sharing images for the rest of us to enjoy. You're among other 626 owners here who can really appreciate all of the time and effort you've spent working on your car. It's quite spectacular. :thumbsup: