MonoxideChild

The 'official' Bs Thread.

2,250 posts in this topic

1. How do I embed pictures

2. This new format is horrible.

14566833785907420332.png

Apparently you just post the link to the image and it embeds itself now?

I'm going to guess your attempt didn't work, Leev, because photobucket has turned into a gigantic pile of post-digestion pizza....  I've switched to using imgur, but I'm not sure how future-proof it'll be.

I figured it out.

I've been using photobucket since 2004 and I don't have a single complaint, I love the system. It's my go-to and always will be.

I found some cheap entertainment.

Search google videos for "cars and coffee crash" or "cars and coffee wreck" and watch a bunch of idiots driving Mustangs and Corvettes.

Here's a couple of my favorites from the local Dallas event.

My favorite video of that type is the one from mustang week where he overcooks it and goes over the divider into the oncoming traffic sitting at the light and someone yells, "Not again, this happened last year!"

Then the comment, "the biggest disservice Ford ever did to Mustang owners was give it a lot of power," was just the icing on the cake!

It's high noon, you arrive at Domino's to pick up your pizza. The parking lot is busy, but there are plenty of spaces.

Where do you park your car?

IMG_20160411_124907851.jpg

Right in the middle, making sure to block the driver as he arrives back at the store.

FACEPALM.

And no, he didn't just stop by to pick up his ready order. First he came in and tried to pay a $12 order with a $100 bill. I said no way chief. Then he comes back to add something to his order, 7 minute oven time, and figures his car is just fine where it is.

Just a general musing, how can a car battery be fine, show no signs of weakness, and then fail to start the vehicle? 

I had to jump my dad's Ridgeline yesterday. He said it hasn't cranked slowly or anything, and then when he went to start it it just clicked. I jumped him, and then he went back to work and stopped at a couple stores on his way home without issue. The battery terminals looked really clean, no corrosion at all, so I don't think that was the issue.

Are there certain parts of the cycle that are harder, ie. the engine stops on the compression stroke vs exhaust? I would think that could be a potential issue with a single cylinder, but not so much with six. It was the only thing that made any sense to me.  

Ditto. Mine was absolutely fine, then I go to move my car and clickly click. Although it was called "econostart" so it was doomed from the beginning.

The CCA on the econocrap was super low, so I replaced it with my usual choice of duralast gold and picked the biggest size and highest CCA I could afford, 755CCA.

Valve spring compressor recommendations?

That's the one, although mine came with two different sizes of the installer...I think the smaller one is mainly for Chrysler motors that use smaller bores.  Iirc it was around 50 bucks like 10 years ago.

We had an inspection and we won Platnium, which is the highest rating and whoopdeedoo.

More importantly, I won a pin for fast and correct pizza making, again whoopdeedoo.

But I noticed something:

IMG_20160524_212417729.jpg

Confirmed.png

You mean you're not supposed to turn into the far lane??

As far as the pizza stuff, I think almost all (at least corporation) jobs have that kind of meaningless BS pat on the back. I know we have it too where I am. And it always makes me wonder who actually feels better from it. I guess technically they are taking time to recognize the workers, but at the same time it seems very hollow and self-serving. 

What would you do with this to remove it?

e7CsFsh.jpg

All I can think of is to stick a pry bar in and hope it's enough to pop it off.

Like a dummy, I adjusted the tension all the way (first time adjusting drums), and then drove 10+ miles home at 60mph, and lost my brakes on the way.  Overheated the drums to crap, and cracked it trying to force it over the shoes.  I can't release tension though the adjustment hole, or maybe I'm just really retarded.

I think a slide hammer would be best, but I don't know if they'd have the right attachment.

Die grinder to remove the broken section that is resting on the stud.  Or, an angle grinder provided you have a steady hand.

Sorry if I wasn't clear; I need to remove the whole drum.

That's a good idea, though. I could score it with the angle grinder and split it with a cold chisel. 

You still have the problem? COBs the local 4runner expert around here, and on the T4R forum, I could ask him his opinion.

I managed to get it off. I put the other bolt in and backed it off as much as I could before it started slipping, since it had cracks around the bolt hole, and would just raise those little flaps of metal instead of pulling the drum off. 

I hit the bolt with the sledge and broke off the flaps so I could stick a pry bar into the two opposing holes that weren't supposed to be there. I didn't know a drum could flex so much. It was pretty scary. 

I tried scoring it, but I could really only do the face of it, and there was way too much mass around the edges to be able to split it. 

The pry bars eventually got it, but it didn't come without a fight. 

20160712_220057.jpg

its been over 12 months so i will give a update: the (eurosport) telstar got sold then gave up the ghost and got scrapped. then i found out what was really wrong with it: the 2.5 v6 had a crack in the block & the head gaskets were blown, and was lowered on cut springs (illegal here) oh and it run like a bag of sh*t because of a. the numerous vacuum leaks b. mazdas goofy idea that when the water level gets low, the engine retards the engine timing. but i used to love shooting flames out the back lol.

i managed to score a low owner (1st owners were ex hosptial in australia) then came to NZ with 1 family owner 1996 EL ford falcon. through my own stupidity i ruined it. i cut the holes for the 6x9 inch speakers (badly) and now have to buy a new panel and get it re-welded in. just means i will have to use 6 inch speakers all round from now on. yes im planning on running this one into the ground, but we will see.

ive had to move house and will be on the hunt for another ethier telstar (626) or something i can drive for thats road legal and i can flick off later.

Happy Easter from Domino's, the only damn place open around here...

IMG_20170416_180417867_HDR.jpg