Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
MonoxideChild

The 'official' Bs Thread.

Lost my job today.

Seems the closing drivers are cheating and causing shortages of money, and since I wasn't catching on to it, I get let go.

Didn't even tell me not come in today. Woke my ass up at 9am, got the store set up, then she comes in and says oh yeah, you're good to go home. You're done. Didn't give me an explanation.

So now I'll be going back to the store I hated and wanted to leave for the one I just got fired at for no reason.

Life is strange.

That's unfortunate Leev. Were the late drivers simply not remunerating the store? Hope things improve for you mate.

How to cheat, as a delivery driver:

-Dispatch yourself on an order.

-Before you leave the store, edit the order and change it to 'cash paid' carryout. Now the system thinks they 'paid'.

-Deliver the food, pocket the money.

Difficult to catch this, as I check out the drivers at night. Since the delivery no longer 'exists', I don't collect. But I'm short.

One or two drivers were doing this, I didn't notice a couple nights in a row. I was asked about the constant shortages and honestly answered I had no idea.

I'll readily admit, I was being too nice as a manager, I treated the drivers like friends, since I have none. Should have been a boss, not friend.

I won't list everything that's wrong with the GM, as it's asinine at this point. But it wasn't my fault, and I should have been disciplined, not let go.

Whatever.

Going to go back to playing Fallout 4. Rebuild the 6 while I get another job.

It's hard being in charge. I too fell victim of blurring the boss/friend boundary. Bosses that don't relate to their employees are seen as cold and productivity suffers, but those that are too warm can often be taken advantage of. Hard balancing act.

dat sux dude. the problem with being a boss is you have to be tough but also fair on all parties concerned. that also goes for the ones that dont call in sick and expect everybody else to pick up their slack.

NZ has problem in some job sites, its almost impossible now to fire someone. usual ways still apply: fighting, drugs and alcohol use on company time etc

example someone calls in sick, needs a doctors note after a day after 3 days they can get sick again with a different illness and still require a doctors note for every illness but when the leave time runs out (maximum of 4 weeks per year) they have to come and work.

Started folding again, haven't done it since I upgraded my GPU.

Folding_1.png

That's awesome, I haven't folded in quite some time.  I ran my old laptop for about 3 years straight folding on the CPU (no GPU at the time), but it didn't do a whole lot.  It's a shame the PS3 client got shut down.

Do we have a M626.net F@H team?  I know DJ brought it up a while ago to run on the server, but it doesn't seem like much happened with that, as far as I can tell:

http://mazda626.net/topic/43180-any-ideas-for-what-to-run-on-our-new-server-games-etc/?hl=folding#entry359736

I've got a decent bit of points accrued, especially for not running many GPU units, hah.

post-21594-0-12294900-1451536072_thumb.j

Now there's a good idea!

You have an ass ton of points. When did you first start folding?

Meh, some bio-med corporation is just going to end up using you guys for profit.  It's not like they'll share any money from when they find whatever cure they are trying to come up with.  It's not free, either, your computer uses more power than at idle.

Noble cause, maybe?  It's definitely not free, just offloading costs onto other people.

Likely, although it may be a matter of perspective for some.

My moms battle with leukemia threw our family into near bankruptcy, and our house may not be our house for much longer.

I feel like I'm doing something positive Folding, instead of giving money to countless versions of the same "charity", that may or may not end up in some bureaucrats pocket.

Extra energy sure, more money versus donating to a "charity", possibly. However I use my gaming desktop for games, and when I'm not wasting time gaming, I can use it to do something positive.

I've seen the energy bills, it's not much. 

Now there's a good idea!

You have an ass ton of points. When did you first start folding?

I think I started around 09/10, iirc. It said my last packet was submitted in 2012, though. I've been idle for quite a while.

Noble cause, maybe?

You know, I never thought I'd hear anyone leveling an argument against F@H. It may not help, and you could be left always wondering if you contributed anything important. Or you could sit by and know for sure if you find it more comforting, I guess.

Personally, I find it fun, and like to feel like I'm helping in an insignificant way. I know more than one of those diseases has heavily impacted the life of more than one of my relatives, so my outlook is more along the lines of 'why not?'

Besides, it's not like I dropped 10k building a headless GPU farm in my basement just to rack up points.

Sorry if I've become a cynic.  I remember when F@H made the rounds through colleges and universities in the early 2k's.

No worries, cynicism is usually my default setting as well.

It's unreal how quickly the points (which are obviously the most important part of this!) start racking up when you use a GPU.  I mean maybe the 1152 cores vs 4 in the average CPU make some difference...   :blink:

post-21594-0-34678100-1453565147_thumb.j

It's OC and overvolted, but yeah it's doing all the work, that's for sure.

Sucks though, it's the nicest and newest piece of hardware in the PC. Everything else is outdated by over 5 years. Quad core Cpu (Q6600 @ 2.4), ram, motherboard, even my aftermarket 550W PSU was bought it 2009. The GPU and HD are new, and the ram is new but not the latest DDR, whatever it is now.

It needs a complete overhaul, the only thing I'd keep would probably be the GTX. I'd love an i7 I could overclock.

I've always dreamed of watercooling or vegetable oil submerged.

Story time

88' 626, Never had to change a flat

89' MX-6, Never had to change a flat

89' PGT, Never had to change a flat

89' 626GT, Never had to change a flat

91' MX-6 LX, So far, no flats

GF driving me home tonight (06' Altima), 8PM. Empty city street.

BAM, POP, BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP

YES! FINALLY!!!! Omg, I got so excited, heart started racing. Told her to slow down, take the next right. She wasn't stressing, not that type of girl.

Got my gloves from her glovebox (lol). Flashlight at the ready.

Showed her where spare, jack, and lock for lug was. Showed her where to properly jack the car from (pinch weld). Showed her all the steps.

15 mins flat.

The tire?

IMG_20160209_211221253.jpg

IMG_20160209_211233299.jpg

Rear, driver side. Multiple small Impact marks inside the wheel well. Something hard, and apparently sharp.

I asked her if it turned her on, having me know how to change a flat. She said "No, you've done engine swaps and that time you used two ladders to do that thing to your engine in the street, of course you can change a tire, lol"

She thanked me when she dropped me off at home.

If. You. Know. What. I. Mean.

Just a fun little story. I've never had to change a flat tire, untill tonight.

It's crazy how easy it is, yet how impossible it seems if you don't know what to do.

I had to change one on my MS6 shortly after I got it, which was my first on one of my own cars. I hit a HUGE pothole in Cleveland, hidden in shadow under an overpass, one of the ones where you can't even see the bottom. That was a bad time to realize that the car was missing the knuckle buster....

For the first time in 10 years, I fell while skating with a friend. Shows how fat I've gotten. (182)

Fell straight back and dislocated my shoulder. Walked for 2+ hours back to my friends house to get to my car. Indescribable pain.

15 mins from his house, it popped back in. 15/10 pain went to none at all.

The pain is kind of  back, but I assume it's just sore from being 'out' a couple hours. Shifting gears is hard, but I'm obviously typing.

Anyone else dislocate something?

IMG_0077_zpsloohis2h.jpg

Just gotta love it when the shock absorber spring breaks...

For the first time in 10 years, I fell while skating with a friend. Shows how fat I've gotten. (182)

Fell straight back and dislocated my shoulder. Walked for 2+ hours back to my friends house to get to my car. Indescribable pain.

15 mins from his house, it popped back in. 15/10 pain went to none at all.

The pain is kind of  back, but I assume it's just sore from being 'out' a couple hours. Shifting gears is hard, but I'm obviously typing.

Anyone else dislocate something?

uhh yes but it wasnt a body part. my 2002 ford fowlcan (i swear its chassis number 666) anyway was moving it from the restful slumber its been in for months, and how dare i disturb its rest and to show its displeasure it popped its balljoint out. GRRR but the positives was it moved and it started with just a jump start.

A+ Parking bro

IMG_20160329_170941764_HDR.jpg

(I pulled too far forward, which makes me look bad too...I'm a VERY anal parker)