I've been wanting to put a sound deadening material lining in my 626 for some time now. It's a bit pricey for the roll. But a friend of mine said he can apparently get me as much as I need for my car for free! So excited!

I guess when I get it I'll start a thread about it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its crazy how people will do anything to help them move out, the guy who tried selling me the 626 is now gonna give it to me in trade of helping him move. im really happy right now!

Yeah like a pet. I don't need another pet. I have enough pets already.

Posted Images

That's something I've always wanted to do.

And not even on the floor or anything, I want to line the doors so instead of a 'ping' when they shut, I get that nice 'thud', haha you know, like a real car.

Well I'll let you know how I go with it all.

Where in the doors do I place it? It's difficult to get into the inside of the door shell.

Funny I was just thinking about that same thing last night while sitting in my garage staring at the car. Was thinking of using insulating spray foam. There's no substitute for the sound deadending matts. If you can get your hands on that stuff for free then get as much as possible. You can always double layer the entire car. Get as much as they'll give you! For the rest of us this is a good way to go...

Never never never ever use that foam in your car. It holds and traps water, turning your car into a swamp. You will save a few bucks ther and then, but in 5 years you have to find yourself a new car when everything is rusted to pieces :)

Wow guy's,.. I've like tackled this little issue of yours a long time ago,..sigh,. I've used those insulating foam stuff used in roof insulations. 1" thick double sided foil. Its like $1 a meter or something,.. Used around 6 mtr on mine.

Cut it to around 10cm by 10cm to be able to stick it behind the door glass, on the actual body itself. I have that "thug" sound instead of the "taaag!"

Congrats albinus ^___^

How does a good sounding car sounds like? I like my car silent, so to me that is kinda how i like it to sound at any RPM,.. Just curious,. A lot of people do those open muffy and it sounds terrible,.. Is it really good to sound so loud?

I don't like obnoxiously loud exhausts (all those on Harley Davidsons that think they're so cool, you're not), or "fart cans" (as they're called here), but a nice, unobtrusive growl from the exhaust sounds good to me. I still have the resonators in the exhaust, but would like to open the muffler up a bit as a 2" pipe into a muffler with a 1" outlet seems like a crime to me :(

I don't like obnoxiously loud exhausts (all those on Harley Davidsons that think they're so cool, you're not), or "fart cans" (as they're called here), but a nice, unobtrusive growl from the exhaust sounds good to me.

i installed a dual port muffler on my current car, it sounds better than a fart can, its not shaped like a fart can, its not big like a fart can but, alot of people still call it a fart can. and i figured out why, if i were to put that muffler on a mustang or something it would be a muffler because its on a mustang, but if i were to take a flow master 40 series car muffler, and put it on a 626, it would be a fart can. domestic car = muffler, import = fart can. just food for thought on loud exhausts.

Around here, mustang GT owners think that straight pipes gives them 100 more hp. Because it's a v8, and that means POWER!!!

In reality, they lose all their torque from proper back pressure, and take forever to get anywhere. What used to be an ugly mustang, is now an ungodly loud mustang that takes half an hour to get up the slightest incline.

Clueless 'driver' = obnoxious car.

I've learned that the reason the Harley guys like the loud exhausts is for their own safety. They want you to know they are there so you don't side swipe them changing lanes which happens to a lot of quiet motorcycles. Basically it's for their own protection. Once I learned that I was like ohhhh that makes so much sense now. It's still obnoxious but if it's for their own safety I don't have a problem with it anymore. Funny how your perception can change as you get older. I used to think the Harley guys were all bad asses and now I think they're wimps (don't side swipe me bro). The guys with balls are the silent crotch rockets but yeah... they don't last long... just a matter of time before they get hit. Live on the edge long enough and you're bound to fall off it eventually.

On other news,...le groom,..le church,..bride,....RUN!

I wonder how guys would feel if on their wedding day,.. The bride runs for dear life?? ^___^ is it,..

"Ouch that hurt T.T "

Or

"Ohh! Thank god ~___~"

Damn. Thats good to know, Zep! How does that equate to using it in a shed or basement??

You use it between doors and windows to seal them in place, but those places should never see any kind of water, unlike the inside of a car door.

Just changes out the front brakes on my 626 and I must say that was the easiest brake job I have ever done. I spent more time cleaning everything off than changing them. I could never get my drain plug off either so I took it to a shop and paid them $12 to change the oil for me with my own stuff. The guy at the shop had to use an ez out to get it off. The oil was black...I mean the blackest black one could think of. Its what I imagine looking into a black hole would be like. Glad that's out and new stuff is in. I couldn't get the bigger filter since it was out of stock https://cdn.mazda626.net/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.png Next time

Oh and a check engine light just came on. PO510...throttle position sensor. So I'll have to see if I can adjust it or have to replace it.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess who's car passed emissions? Yep, this guy!

I didn't have my hopes up because it had gotten progressively worse the last few years, and two years ago it barely passed. It barely passed again, though!

Hydrocarbons were 141.0 ppm allowed and I was at 138.5. NO (nitrous oxide?) was 1024 ppm allowed and I was at 1001.

Guess I should fix the exhaust leak now. I think that might have helped a bit. :P

img-364749-1-1011989_10151754287088254_1

Talking about exhausts... (and what would happen if he reversed!)

What car is this?.... I see a rear diff and I get curious...and that c/v angle..holy crap haha.

Guess who's car passed emissions? Yep, this guy!

I didn't have my hopes up because it had gotten progressively worse the last few years, and two years ago it barely passed. It barely passed again, though!

Hydrocarbons were 141.0 ppm allowed and I was at 138.5. NO (nitrous oxide?) was 1024 ppm allowed and I was at 1001.

Guess I should fix the exhaust leak now. I think that might have helped a bit. :P

Haha, always go to smog with exhaust leaks.

Why is it running so dirty?