Any Nsw Members

What are they worth to be made ?? And what rotor and box/ tail shaft u running in urs

$250 ish.

Running a 13B secondary Bridgeport. Making 140HP at the rears currently. The modfied Nikki carb I have, cannot flow enough air.

Got a new 650CFM Edelbrock carb waiting to be fitted.

5 speed box is from an HB 929, but have a Series 5 box sitting in the wings, just in case.

Tail shaft is 626 lengthened.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
On 9 December 2012 at 8:46 PM, Rotated6_2 said:

Gearbox bracket - bolt on to the original 626 gearbox cross member.

FILE4667.JPG

Engine cross member - I made it so it is a direct bolt on to the chassis rails.

No cutting, drilling or welding!

FILE2669.JPG

Hey mate are you still making these?

Front engine cross member - yes.  I have one early type like the one shown above, left.  Pushes the engine right back BUT, the penalty
 is the tie rod ends hit the rear engine iron at full lock. 

COST for either front cross member is $150 plus postage. They weigh between 4-5Kg.

The gearbox mount extension - No.  This is dependent on the gearbox and cross member used. I would suggest a gearbox from S2 Rx7 onwards as they are a remote style gear shift, and their position can be altered to suit the position of the original gear shift hole in the transmission tunnel. I REALLY DISLIKE people cutting holes in the trans tunnel and not being able to re-use the centre console, when doing this conversion!:angry:

This is a recent install done by a mate into his 626, using the early style.  Him being Kiwi means engine against the firewall and the car dragging its belly on the ground! :biggrin:  Cross member good, clearance of turbo inlet manifold to clutch master - not so good.  Nothing a little creative grinding didn't fix.:smile:

13140982_10206816863244764_1550916502_n.jpg

Later model cross member moves the motor forward 50mm -  no more tie rod end issues.WP_20160503_20_53_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20160503_20_54_57_Pro.jpg

engine position.JPG

engine position3.JPG

45 minutes ago, Rotated6_2 said:

Front engine cross member - yes.  I have one early type like the one shown above, left.  Pushes the engine right back BUT, the penalty
 is the tie rod ends hit the rear engine iron at full lock. 

COST for either front cross member is $150 plus postage. They weigh between 4-5Kg.

The gearbox mount extension - No.  This is dependent on the gearbox and cross member used. I would suggest a gearbox from S2 Rx7 onwards as they are a remote style gear shift, and their position can be altered to suit the position of the original gear shift hole in the transmission tunnel. I REALLY DISLIKE people cutting holes in the trans tunnel and not being able to re-use the centre console, when doing this conversion!:angry:

This is a recent install done by a mate into his 626, using the early style.  Him being Kiwi means engine against the firewall and the car dragging its belly on the ground! :biggrin:  Cross member good, clearance of turbo inlet manifold to clutch master - not so good.  Nothing a little creative grinding didn't fix.:smile:

13140982_10206816863244764_1550916502_n.jpg

Later model cross member moves the motor forward 50mm -  no more tie rod end issues.WP_20160503_20_53_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20160503_20_54_57_Pro.jpg

engine position.JPG

engine position3.JPG

Cool can i get the 1 that pushes it foward 50mm ?

im running a s5 na and box if that helps. 

Can you private message me for my number and details. Where abouts are you located.