I'm In A Mazda.. Again. 86 Mazda Rx7

Well, its been a while since I've been here guys. Just thought I'd pop in and show you guys my new Mazda. Its an 86 rx7, the car is a N/A car with a turbo motor in it. I traded my motorcycle for it. Basically, everything exhaust side of the car was off of it when I got it, as well as the intake side, and no engine harness. I've got all the parts to put it back together though, so I'm currently in the process of figuring out what the hell is going on with the harness lol. It came an rtec1.8 (i think) ecu, which from my understanding, I'll be able to run 10lbs of boost, and make ~300hp. That's just what I've read, not what im shooting for or expecting. Really, the rotary is only going to stay in until I pick up all the parts to do a 5.3 swap (I'm sure the rotary purists will hate me for this). But, here are some pictures.

img-348956-1-IMG_10761.jpg

img-348956-2-IMG_10771.jpg

img-348956-3-IMG_10791.jpg

img-348956-4-IMG_10801.jpg

Nice! This should be saved from death! It's for a fact that if this engine hasn't been started in a while, you should'nt expect it to let you drive the car without problems until you rebuild it. So a swap for a V8 is better than trashing the whole car. I love rotaries, I have rebuilt quite a few engines, and I believe that when you've tasted it, it's quite an addictive piece of engineering, both driving and maintaining it.

May you keep it in good shape for a long time even if it has to have a hybrid engine afterall :smile:

I'm sure it has sat for quite awhile without running. We actually traded on the understanding that the motor probably doesn't run, but he gave me all the parts to put it together. Only reason I'm trying to get it to run is because I have all the parts for the rotary here, and no parts for a 5.3 swap yet lol. But if somebody wants to buy something, I have extra parts, so I wouldn't mind selling some stuff.

If you wanna get it running with its own engine, don't bother reassembling it without rebuilding the block. Atkins does indeed have all you need for it, even a dvd to show you how!

Well if this is the case, then I mind as well part it out.

Thanks man. I already know that I want to do a 5.3 swap into it. Which is an iron block Ls series motor, the LM7 is the one i want to swap in to be exact. With a bit of boost, these motors make a pretty healthy amount of power pretty reliably. There has been multiple motors engine dyno over 1,000 hp on stock bottom ends. I'd ultimeatly be happy with anywhere from 600-800. But, that's a ways away. Lol.