Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

3D Modeling Section And Downloads Live For Members

post-15320-0-59812300-1351619079_thumb.j

As part of a new and exiting community project, We have added a 3D Modeling Discussion Area and 3D Model Downloads Database , which are both now live. These sections are for members only, and are only visible by logged in members. This allows us as a community begin 3D Modeling and sharing Models of the 626, giving us the added benefit of being able to reproduce parts for the 626 long after Mazda and 3rd party manufacturers forget about us. It will also give us the ability to create some excellent diagrams and guides with 3d models of parts, engine bays etc.

Oh wait you don't have any 3d modeling experience???, No worries! You can contribute with a digital camera and a computer using free photo rendering software like autodesk 123D catch.

For a list of other free modeling software check out this post here: http://mazda626.net/...print-software/

Lastly if you have 3D Models you wish to upload simply drop them in the upload section here: http://mazda626.net/...model-database/

• Like 1

I'm loving this. Hope to contribute lots of pics where even if I can mock up a 3D model I can get the images into the hands of someone that can.

Interesting, I think I might give this a try, Thanx NDM! :lol:

Im having problems the photo's upload then during the creation part it says a connection error caused photo's not to upload check connection, my connection is fine!! any ideas?

Might be 123D's server having problems,.. Hate needing autocad server connections for it to work,..

Do you need an Autodesk account? I have one for my copy of AutoCAD, but I haven't used any of their other products, and I haven't done any 3D modeling. I like to think I'm getting alright with the 2D stuff, but I'm sure drawing real parts is infinitely more complicated than the stuff we've done in class! :biggrin:

Neat! But i think its illegal to give away your account like that,..

3D modeling sure is brutal but feels really good after.

Oh, sorry for the confusion, I meant an account to use the software, I wasn't offering mine! I'm currently procrastinating my final project for my Engineering Graphics class where I'm designing a new off road bumper for the truck on AutoCAD.

I'd love to draw up parts for the 626!

That's just neat ^^ we should like do a design competition or something. New 626 bumper or something,..members get to decide via vote, Then the winner gets produced and sold to other 626 owners. Original design by 626 owners for 626 owners ^^ wacha look at that! I already have a slogan for that competition.

And you get to name the part or name it after the designer,.. Like "valorum bumper" or if in my case,..if i did like a fog light,.. I'll call it "F26 Fog lights" or simply "F26" ^_^

Hmm,.. Im getting too hype about stuff again,.. Aren't i,.. Chu chu!!

Here's the bumper design. The dimensions are on there really sloppy since I'd worked on it for several hours straight (after it was due, lol) and was starting to care less. I can't wait to get into the 3D stuff, but that's next semester! :biggrin:

A car bumper would be a lot more complicated than this. I even simplified this a bunch from my original design, just so my project wasn't too ambitious! :whistle:

post-21594-0-02752200-1354853641_thumb.p

• Like 1

Whow! Is that AutoCAD mac version your using? That's just narley! ^^ neat! Rare stuff!

I didn't know it was rare, I just got it right off Autodesk's website. I really want to try Inventor, but I'm not sure how well my 13" MBP will handle the 3D stuff with darn integrated graphics...

Well, i guess im just over acting,. But it really is rare on this part of the world, (not much mac users here) ^^

Oh, that's interesting! I'd say on campus, it's probably at least 1:1 ratio Mac to PC. It's really caught on in that market segment and our generation. Windows' days are numbered, perhaps even some day in the business world.

:lol: i really love mac,. especially video conferencing,.. so darn fast,. im not a computer geek but it doesn't take a PhD to notice the difference. PLus!! no viruses at all! i think im gonna get myself one of those apple laptops,.. just hope they drop the price already,.. they are like four times worth a windows laptop :dry:

have you hear anything about that third party program that lets you run window base programs on MAC? that's one of the major concerns PC users are having when converting to MAC. i say, that's a major road block for MAC. Adaptability :sleep:

oh yeah,.. about the ratio thing,. i think its around 1:100 PC to MAC user

I have heard or read people in Asian countries buy Mac computers with windows OS installed in them. Mainly because alot of Asian websites don't support apple xtml(I think its called) format, so web browsung is limited on Mac.

Two programs I know of, Parallels Desktop, and VMWare, allow desktop virtualization within the native Mac desktop. This allows you to run windows in a sandbox within your mac environment. I was using Parallels to run Ubuntu for a while. You can allocate processor cores and ram to the virtual machine, but it's not like having a dedicated computer to run it. I know the program WINE allows you to run windows applications within Linux, and i think it works for Mac as well, though I haven't used it. I've been able to find alternatives for about everything I've needed to do for the last 4 years.

First time i touched a linux,.. I went,..uhhhh? Big time,... I was in high school, cant do anything with it back then (or at lease i cant), never even dream of using linux,. But i guess its getting a bit more user friendly all these years,.. LOL

I was in high school the first time I played with Linux as well. I think it was build 6.10 and I had to install the driver for my wireless card via command line. It was my first foray into that, and was quite daunting at the time (not that I'm comfortable with it now, by any means!) but I got it in the end. But yes, the builds now are way more comprehensive and user friendly! I think it's still the best OS for someone who only surfs the internet and does email, as there's basically an infinitesimally small chance you'll get a virus or other malware while using it and it can still do everything you'd need and more. I thoroughly scoured the dredges of the internet with Ubuntu and came out smelling like a rose! :biggrin:

Is there any lightweigth 3D scanning tools out there, that can use images or something?

theres a program from autodesk,. uses your camera to make a very rough 3D version of the thing that you took

360 something,.. i cant remember. its somewhere around here,. last time we checked,. it was free,. not sure if its still is