Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
626RIder

New Spare Tire Location?

So after getting my sound system completley installed, about 3 or 4 times in the same car lol. i decided that not having a spare is not so good. as of right now i rely on AAA, and i pray that i dont mack a curb or something stupid like that.

Obviously a roof rack is completely out of the question, and i dont feel like having the spare tire standing up on the floor behind the driver seat is a "good" look.

anyone have any input or ideas, my car is not really a racer so the weight isnt a problem. its location location location.

post-30628-0-41627800-1349377323_thumb.j

here is is w/ out the carpet, and obv the subs. i think i had just finished the custom back deck.

other then tossing it in your back seat, your really dont have a choice.

most people design there systems around the spare if they need to keep it. or at least make it moveable enough that they can still access the tire if need be.

You could get a typical flat tire repair kit with that green slime stuff & air compressor in a package so whenever you get a flat, you can use it to temporary repair it. Whenever you need to show off your boom box, throw it in the back seat. I've never used that stuff before but I always have one in my trunk in case.

an option i think if i was using the OE steel rims, would that stuff damage aftermarket rims? it would be on the inside of the rim but is it easy to remove?

post-30628-0-29098100-1349396791_thumb.j

i wouldnt want anything to happen to my new shoes

stay away from the fix a flat stuff. most of them actually eat away at aluminum alloy. not something you want with some nice aftermarket wheels.

I'll keep a note of that, wasn't sure the consequences of using those fix flats. I only read in a texbook somewhere that says the tire can explode if a new hole were to puncture it from the outside

I have a 626 2001. But I don't have faith I can turn it like yours. Of course in my way but cool like yours. What year is yours? I think my car is beyond repairing. What do you think?