Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

about two weeks ago I started off for work and when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd my clutch stayed down... I lifted it with my foot and everything felt normal again except for the fact that I had to press the clutch a little further before I felt pressure in it (excessive play). Yesterday I went to Walmart and the same thing happened so I lifted it again but this time the pressure never returned. I had to fight my transmission all the way home. I can only start the car in neutral because it will try to move when it's in gear. I was thinking about just bleeding the clutch but at this point I don't know for sure if that will help any. I found a clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder for cheap ($21 for both re-manufactured) I just honestly have no idea how to put them on but with my experience I should be able to get it right with a little help and advice.... Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hey Sorry to hear about the issue. The clutch lines either need to be bled, or as you guessed a new clutch cylinder.

http://mazda626.net/topic/40869-clutch-pedal-wont-fully-return/page__hl__%20clutch%20%20pedal

http://mazda626.net/topic/41886-clucth-pedal-stuck/page__hl__+clutch%20+pedal

http://mazda626.net/topic/41598-at-a-loss-what-to-do-with-my-clutch-wont-release/

Also try a search for "clutch pedal" there are a bunch of other threads similar to those that may help.

yea, both are extremely easy things to replace, and are just 2 bolts pretty much. the hardest part is finding a friend to help bleed it afterwords. (unless your pimp enough for a speed bleeder)

id recommend just replacing both the slave, and the master. because when one fails, usually the other one isnt too far behind. and there cheap enough anyways. id also recommend to replace the rubber line connecting the two. which you can get a braided Stainless Steel replacement from a ton of places like corksport for around $20 bux.

After replacing all 3 of those things, you should have a rock steady clutch hydraulic system for years to come.

the master and slave cylinder should be at my door in a few hours or so... I'll have someone to help me bleed it but will I kneed he tube and bottle to bleed it or can I just keep pumping it until I see only fluid squirting out??? That's how I was tought to bleed the brakes on a car....

OMG Devon, I've never seen one of those before!! I want one!!

ive done the same thing with a 2x4 of wood against the seat also. and everyone has one of those somewhere.

its not the easiest way to go. but when your by yourself, and need to get it done, it will get the job done.