Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
drizzle626

Air Bag Light Flashing

It means you need to pull the error code that's waiting for you in the computer. There's a problem regarding something with the SRS (airbag) system.

Take it to AutoZone. They'll pull your codes for free.

Tell us what code pulls up.

They only do check engine light... The airbag light didn't pull up anything. But the light flashes 3 times slow then 7 times fast. Can I figure the code from there?

Do me a favour and have a look at the wire connection between the underside of the passenger seat and the floor. That code 37 is normally for a passenger side airbag. Sometimes when things get dragged under there they'll disconnect that wire. Also, sometimes the connection can get dirty so if it's plugged in already, try unplugging it, cleaning the pin, and reconnecting it.

Keep in mind that the airbag light won't just turn off as soon as its fixed. You need to turn the key off and back on.

Do that and let me know what happens.

• Like 1

Wow, I tried that and it instantly came off... I will know in a day or so if it worked or if its just a delay. But seriously thanks for your help because an airbag would not be a cheap fix. just to read the code would of been at least $60- $100 expense.

Nah, I reckon it will have worked. Glad to help! :D

Do me a favour and have a look at the wire connection between the underside of the passenger seat and the floor. That code 37 is normally for a passenger side airbag. Sometimes when things get dragged under there they'll disconnect that wire. Also, sometimes the connection can get dirty so if it's plugged in already, try unplugging it, cleaning the pin, and reconnecting it.

Keep in mind that the airbag light won't just turn off as soon as its fixed. You need to turn the key off and back on.

Do that and let me know what happens.

OMG YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!  It worked!!!   Unplugged it, blew in it, and plugged it back up and the code is gone.  I'm already $61 in the hole for a code read and failed state inspection and I'm glad I don't have to waist anymore money on this thing.