Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

Fsde 2.0L I4 Vacuum Hose Diagrams

This post includes 2 Vacuum Diagrams specifically for the Mazda 626 FS/FSDE Engines. However these diagrams should be similar to FS-DE Vacuum line setup in mx6, probe, protege, etc, so you all driving non-626s may find this useful aswell.

Vacuum Diagrams for the 2.0L I4 FS Engines

Diagram 1: (Also Available as PDF Mazda_FS_Engine_Vacuum_Hose_Diagram_(93-94_2.0L_I4_MT).pdf)

post-15320-0-75982200-1343843573_thumb.j

Diagram 2: (Very Small)

post-15320-0-61115400-1343843408.jpg

Diagram 3: (Also Available as PDF: Mazda_FS_DE_94_Vacuumhose_Diagram.pdf)

post-15320-0-69937500-1343857202_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi. Does anyone know where the fat hose coming out of the top of the charcoal canister connects to? My car has it unplugged and I cannot find any open pipe or connector to plug it into. Where does it go?

Thanks!

As you can see right there in the diagrams.... It should connect to the hard pipe on the intake manifold next to the fuel pressure regulator pipe. It goes to the purge solenoid.

Purge Control Solenoid is "clicking" while driving on high speed, at the dealership the part is out of stock and its price comes close to a hundred$, research at the junk yard earned me with a used part, I will replace it shortly
Well done with the diagram!

Just don,t wanna make new topic. After engine repairment (head gasket replacing) i have trouble code No. 26 on my 626 1994. 2.0 fs. What could be the reason of that. All the wiring is correct, not sure about vacuum lines,but i connected them like in first post in diagram. P.S. now the car has erratic idle and smokes like old moped. could the reason be purge valve???

thanks for answers.

sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:  

MECS-II Code #26 is the Purge Solenoid.

Check the routing diagram and see if your purge solenoid is hooked up correctly.  Check all vacuum hoses and pipes to and from the solenoid for air leaks.  Make sure there isn't a clog in the line to the throttle body.  I have a video on purge solenoid diagnostics. 

The troble code is gone- the purge solenoid wires wasn,t connected good enogh. I even checked that valve like you did in video and it works. But still got problem- really rough idle.already checked vacuum

lines-o.k.

ignition set-o.k. timing belt and other indicators ok.

Could it be a vacuum leak?

Strange noise is coming from intake manifold, noise that i suspected a time ago when it was unregular and only on warm engine.

How can i check, that intake manifold gasket is good/bad?

thanx for replies! :thumbsup:

The IM gasket is considered good if you have no oil leakage to the outside and you don't see any oil down in the spark plug holes while the spark plug is installed.  A vacuum leak can cause a rough idle yes but so can about 20-30 other things.  Recommend you do a search on rough idle and vacuum leak.  There's quite a list.  One of the best things you can do is find a factory manual at PMX626.info and read up on diagnostic procedures for rough idle.  That's getting information straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

On 10/6/2013 at 8:39 PM, shnoogens said:

this diagram is what worked for my car. 1995 626 lx fs

89544v09L.gif

Thanks for the diagram, but quick question.

Backstory - Reconnecting vacuum lines after checking for cracks and head replacement.  Stupid me didn't label nor take photos of original setup.  My question is this:  what lines are "T"ed to each other and which line connects the IM with the dash vent controls?