Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
tristan

Loose Clutch Pedal- How To Fix?

I have a problem that puzzles me a lot lately. My MTX '96 has a fairly new clutch disk and all the hardware that goes with it(10-15 k old) . Recently I notice that my pedal has little resistance in the top 1.5 in. of travel and its feels movement feels 'grainy' when close to the floor, rather than smooth as usual. It also ocassionally makes an unplesant squeky sound (like a door rarely lubricated) when the pedal is in the low range close to the floor and the pedal returns slower than my foot, when I release the clutch (I do not do it really fast and take it easy in general).

At the same time the clutch engagment and operation is smooth and progrssive, no issues what so ever.

Have somebody experienced this problem and what part of the clutch assembly is likely bad?

Thanks!

The clutch pedal has a spring. Maybe it's wearing out, binding, needs to be lubricated. I know when I was removing the clutch pedal in the junkyard there were a couple spots that were greased up pretty heavily. You can watch my Junkyard MTX videos to see how the whole thing is put together. Other than that maybe you forgot to grease the fork bearing behind the release fork in the transmission during the clutch install? There are a couple reasons that a clutch pedal could squeak and not travel back correctly. Check your master cylinder reservoir?