Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
madaz_gc_85

Home Page Garaged Vehicles

Is it just me or is the garage vehicles in the main page stuck?, i usually see my cars every now an then but its the same cars over and over.... ohmy.png It wouldnt be much of a problem if my cars were stuck there tho.... happy.pnglaugh.png still weird.

Nope, its that way for everyone right now.

Right now were just experimenting with using latest vechiles, which allows the front page to load quicker for most visitors. Its not necessarily as much fun though :(

Too easy i just had a few issues with my browser thought it was me, when i was doing up websites an such i made up some modules (from instruction)similar to what ebay is using, like when you go to 'My Ebay Summary' and when you run your mouse over your items you bought it comes up with more items from the seller and has arrows to look left or look right, this i think will help load the module faster and the site should load faster, its is complicated shit, got me frustrated heaps when i was doin it, that and using ftp to put my whole php nuke installation on the server for it to almost be 96% finished and tells me some dumb ass error occured... Hope it all works out. :happy:

Awesome shit! I see the garaged vehicles work and randomized now, Havnt been on in a while but only thing now is i see every other fukkas cars show repeatedly but mine dont show up not once!, aint that some funny weird shit?? and i have refreshed like 100 fukin times...psshh over it I might list my stories and pics somewhere that will not be prejudice or jealous h8as towards me ( "it jus seems like that but its not" they will say but im prolly right tho) and display what work i have done and what cars i got and what how-to tuts i wrote up and who copied me. just so yas know i will keep updating this thread untill im happy sommin is done. Just tried another 60 odd times....Was nice now im ICE enjoy.

ICEMANS RARE GC MAZDA 626 TURBO'S 

or 

http://mazda626.net/garage/vehicle/163-mazda-626-turbo/  Silver Turbo

http://mazda626.net/garage/vehicle/164-mazda-626-turbo/  Green Turbo

BTW why does it take soo fu$n long to reply to a topic move request?  how many admins and moderators we have here again? cos it seems ya got a bunch of #@!% *&^%$ *&^%# %^%@$#! *&^%@$# *&^@%#$ edit edit edit edit.... closing wastegate now...

Edited by madaz_gc_85

Interesting approach. I'll fill you in on how it works. The Admins and Moderators do not get paid for this. It is solely volunteers meaning they have other priorities. Any money we get from ad revenue or donations goes to the hosting costs, licenses for the forum software, etc. I know personal money has been used to make the difference because that ad revenue has fallen short a number of times. The lack of appreciation on your part sickens me because you feel entitled. I'm not one to go off, but seriously, go find somewhere else if this is how you want to act. I think you owe the team an apology for your appalling attitude.

If you need a topic moderated, you can use the "Report" feature. It isn't just for reporting negative posts and we get alerts when you do stuff. Like I said, we are volunteers and if I had the time to read every post, I would.

• Like 1

Yeah use the report feature so multiple moderators/admins are simultaneously alerted.  If you PM an individual moderator to move something you're at the mercy of whenever they're online or can get to it.  Lazy pricks?  Insulting the people that help you universally not smart.  Choose just about any other dedicated car enthusiast site and see how long the response time is.  I've been a member of some forums where it can take a week for a response.  Waiting a couple hours for a response is typical here and I think that's pretty good considering that we all do this in our spare time... for free.  The admins or moderators do not see a dime of your donation so please don't think that you are somehow paying for personalized service because you are not... or perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the term donation.

Yea mate I been waiting months for assistance, not hours.. does that say sommin why i said lazy pricks.....?? the way it went is i sent NDM a pm regarding topic move, I donated to NDM(the owner?) not you guys.. i also dont understand why it takes a mod and a admin to say the same thing to me at the same time not 2hrs after i posted it lol,..i wish you would respond with such swiftness on my other issues huh.. hmm my entitlement is only as much as ive donated mate is it or less? I also volunteer my knowledge to this site "universally" for free, in my spare time, only difference is I donate also it seems, could go elsewhere really? I dont want yas to say one thing then do another different now. you know it seems people seem to have time to shit and talk shit but not think of a solution to answer a real problem apparently, It just makes it worse down the track for the site as the shitt talk can be returned and all will have a disadvantage then, I been here since 2007 active.. and will be for a long ass time to come in the future its just how much you understand why and where im coming from right now and you will find the source of my "attitude" yea im pissed a lil but I think a bit of reality is justified dont you? Its not my fault I tell it how it is ok if i was assisted months ago I would not be here telling you this now would I?..Its not just about the homepage garaged vehicles anymore, or my current issue with my car.

Admins aren't the right people to send messages to for topic moves.  They deal with backend coding and most of the time aren't even on the site if they're working on a backend project.  A moderator is a better choice for that or as mentioned use the report post feature.  If you would have reported the post it would have been taken care of the same day.  NDM isn't the right person to ask for things like that he's a coder and doesn't even visit the site often much anymore because he's doing coding stuff.  I can see how you might feel a little jilted and it's just a misunderstanding of how to properly report an issue.  Always choose a moderator first to request things like topic moves, edits, issues with other members, etc..  Admins should only really be contacted for something that moderator can't do such as fixing something wrong with the site.  In which case the Feedback forum is for reporting site issues.  Please don't be offended that NDM didn't reply to your request he's a very very busy person and sometimes doesn't even login to the site for weeks at a time as he's off doing other projects.  He's our coder not a moderator.

Yes I realize this now but months too late on my behalf, I dont ask for much really never have always helping others one here, giving people stuff for free sending parts overseas to people who dont have anyway of getting them elsewhere etc, that sort of thing, so the onetime i do ask for genuine help it feels like its falling on deaf ears and i dont wana alpha male beat at yas to get my point thru, cosi shouldnt have to do that, i have a short temper with these things is all, I think i did rather ok keeping my patience.

Admins are a comletely different animal compared to a moderator.  They have to do a lot of coding and other stuff.  Moderators are basically just people like yourself that are active on the forum and have been granted access to certain privileges to help the forums run smoother.  If you ever need something moved contact me anytime but using the report post feature is a better way to go.  There is a section in the report post where you can write a note on the report and that's usually enough to get your point across for something you need.  Reported posts immediately notify all moderators with a popup message (if we're online).  If a moderator is online then it usually gets taken care of within minutes.

You're a great member and this misunderstanding is unfortunate.  Hopefully we can work around it and you can continue to be awesome here and help others.  We appreciate the time and effort that you and many others put in here even if it's not expressed often.

You used an informal channel (PM) for a formal request sent to an individual and you blame all of the admins/mods and call them "lazy pricks"? And you do not see any issue with your statement or even statements above?

Not that I have to explain myself to you, but I saw a thread with a new reply in the feedback forum. Since I work in the background, I do my best to check those when I have time. And again, why would we have known about your issue when you only sent NDM a PM?

The fact you see nothing wrong with your approach saddens me. Then I remember this is the internet after all. It seems like a simple misunderstanding on your part that you then blew out of proportion.

Yea i know its the internet and so now you know i had no clue about report button as in logic i assume it was to report ur ass, dunno what id report anyone for that i cant handle myself simply. so thats why, i didnt have a clue as i was mislead or mis-informed(or even didnt read, IDFK) about the process line of getting a topic moved as i have been in other forumz you know and when you need something fixed usually it would only mean a comment in the thread in question asking a mod to correct it, And my approach was as aussie as they come where im from, neutral maybe, Ive seen worse and read worse, we are diverse ya know swearing and slang is like sunshine here mate, everyday, but if you take offence to it by all means i will change it to "bloody slackers" or sommin the like so you dont get offended if you wish, as you woulda read, the subject didnt need anymore input really but I will happily str8n out any kinks or misunderstandings anyone has about this misunderstanding being made into a mountain, atm its only a molehill.

P.S If you hada checked properly i did leave a comment in the thread i asked to be moved way back in jan. so its the report button extended capabilties i never once knew about.

My approach is justified. My requests were unanswered. here.....

http://mazda626.net/topic/45388-1985-1987-20l-complete-turbo-conversion-as-from-factory/#entry390472

Making a post assumes that moderators read every post. We try to but sometimes posts slip through and this is a great example of that and why that report button is so handy. ;)

Yea well again... i did not know about the full functionality of the report button as i have never needed to use it. Still a simple mistake, I would not of even known still to this day what it did untill i needed to report someone which id prolly never need to do, with that said id be in this exact mess anyway at some point in time in the future if i didnt kick dust up a bit today and found this out. Thats why i posted in the thread in question as i am Used to doing it that way.

and that does usually work because multiple moderators look at practically every post.  every now and then something slips through. thank you for bringing it to our attention no matter how you had to do it.  hope everything is satisfactory now that I've moved your topic into the build topic category? :)

Next time don't wait 5 months to fester if something doesn't get taken care of.  I see why you might have thought we were all sleeping on the job though after 2 posts.  Odd how that one slipped through.  Maybe time difference?  If you post during the day we're all probably sleeping over here in the US or something.

Now you know the right way to alert all moderators simultaneously to anything you want. That kind of feature is common on forums and there is a common misunderstanding that it's only to be used to report problems with people.  Report is probably a bad word choice to use for that feature but it's the easiest all around word to use.  "Alert" or "Notify Staff" would be better in my opinion. 

Don't forget we have a dedicated Feedback forum category too where you can report issues or make suggestions.  If you think the report button itself needs more clarification of it's intended use perhaps an Admin can look into coding a better description text on the report page.

Thanks Dj now i can focus on my car issue a little...

• Like 1