Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

*ended* Reviews And How To's Competition #1 Jun To Aug - Mazda626.

**UPDATE Competition Finished 8/2/2012**

Winners Announced:

1st Prize: Alucard

2nd Prize:TiberianX

3rd Prize: DJDevon3

4th Prize: MazdaMan1991

Methodology for choosing the winner:

As I mentioned I was going to completely randomly pick the winners, so what i did was I gave everyone 1 entry per each howtoguide submitted. We had 16 entries total(Which is awesome!). I then generated a random number next to each one in excel by using =rand(). I then COMPLETELY randomize it by sorting by the random column 14 times total (6 times, then 2 times, then 6 times, I hope you see what I did there :thumbsup: ) and the enteries that fell into the 1st prize,2ndprize, etc slots were the winners.

I hope this doesn't discourage anyone from entering our other competitions here, we have another one starting TODAY, which will have rewards for every single entrant into the competition! Also I just wanted to say the community and site is extremely thankful for each and every how to, and that these often help far more people than you will ever know!

For sake of fairness/openness I'm attaching screenshots of the winners on the excel spreadsheet so you all know I didn't choose any favorites. I'm also going to PM the winners here today to ask them how they would like their giftcards.

post-15320-0-79176700-1343918229_thumb.p

Winners_Aug_2012.pdf

Competition Rules

Since the How To Guides/Tutorials and Review threads are so helpful to everyone on the site(and our many guests each month). We want to encourage all of our members to keep writing them with a competition!

On August 2, 2012, we will be giving away $120.00 USD in giftcards to 4 different winners. $30.00 each!

This will work basically like a raffle you get one entry for every quality review or how to guide you write. Giftcards will be for any online store of your choice (as long as we can buy electronic gift-cards for them)

Rules:

1. The Tutorial or review must either be posted as a new thread in either the: Reviews Section or the Tutorials & How To Guides Section
  2. Each How To Guide/Review must have a minimum of 3 pictures (Even if you make a youtube video you must provide still shot images with text to help people / google find it)
  3. It must be unique to Mazda626.net (sorry no copy-pasta here!)
  4. It must provide useful information
  5. To get an entry you should respond to this thread with a link to the review/how to article or send me a PM.
  6. The Article/Guide must be written/posted between June 2 and August 2, 2012.

Entries as of 2 August 2012

Alucard(2): Retrofitting Puddle Lights, Ring Jobs on Mazda FS/FP Engines

GT_FE3(3): DIY Custom Headliner, DIY Custom Interior, DIY Custom Door Cards

MazdaMan1991(1): How to clean your window switch contacts

djdevon3(4): How to replace the i4's lower oil pan gasket, Meet the purge Solenoid, Meet the PRc Solenoid, Fuel Pump Relay Diagnostics

trj(1): DIY Headlight Bulb Replacement

tiberianx(2): Guide: Tools you Will Need To Become a Home Mecahnic, How to Change automatic transmission fluid

mazdaz_gc_851(1): How to polish your exhaustturbo covers

Zepticon(1): How-To: Debadge / Shave Your Trunk And Hood - Part 1

PrinceValorum (1): How to install a 4-point rollcage

Will update every week or so with more entries

• Like 2

Is there any specific place where we post our tutorials, or can we just post them in say our build thread? I am keen to make a few.

It should be posted in the tutorials forum category as a stand-alone tutorial. You can repost in your build topic if you want or link to the tutorial from your build topic. I've done both in the past for my build topic. It works out well and people do follow the link to read the tutorials and stay up on what you've been doing. If they are interested enough to read and follow your build topic then they'll follow the link through to the tutorial too. ;)

No matter your post count or the subject of the tutorial... no matter how mundane you think the topic of your tutorial might be, please enter a submission. Showing others how to do maintenance for their 626's isn't trivial. Your tutorial can cater to owners of any experience level. Basically what I'm trying to say is don't be afraid to enter. It doesn't matter how simple or complex your subject is. Participation is appreciated. Create a tutorial and participate if nothing else than to join in the festivity and bolster the sharing of knowledge our community is known for.

• Like 1

this gives me new motivation to do my ring job... :D

i'll have to do the puddle light thing in one too...

the possibilities are endless :biggrin:

Yeah, I actually have to review this awesome new tire pressure gauge I got.

I'm the only one here not able to win it, all other mods and admins are allowed to enter/win though :D (and of course all the members)

I would LOVE to enter but I think I have an unfair advantage with the amount of video tutorials I've created. I dunno, does anyone think I shouldn't enter because I'm a moderator and have an unfair advantage because of my youtube channel?

DJ Well I'd say go for it, if you made the videos adding a writeup with screengrabs from the video is just about as much work as writing one from scratch.

I think for fairness everyone can only win 1 gift card each from this first round. '

Also I think I'll be able to manually make a list, links in this thread are welcome, but I should be able to keep track of them pretty easily.

Oh I see. My videos will have to be converted to image/text tutorials. Yeah that's a ton of work. Okie Dokie, I'll see about converting the head removal and reassembly stuff. Prince said he liked the oil pan video too so if I have time I'll do that too.

perfect

http://mazda626.net/...-puddle-lights/

so this sort of thing qualifies right, why isn't this little competition more popular?

Absolutely!

I think we just need to get the word out more, I'm going to make a little banner on the frontpage, to make it more obvious that this competion is running, excellent guide though!

Thanks, I might widen the canvas a bit, to make it fill the whitespace around it better.

Also I think I'll try to make the wheel look more car like (looks more like bicycle spokes right now lol).

Looks like a lot of great submissions so far. Keep em coming everyone. 3 weeks left until the competition closes.

Updated 15th of July 2012. Let me know if I missed any of your threads. I'll be doing a lot of double checking before the competitions ends.

Only 2 weeks to go were getting close!

Oh wow the submission are getting better every week. Great job everyone. 2 weeks left. If you're planning on doing a big project make sure to take lots of pics. Barely enough time to get those big projects in, 2 weekends left.

One week left ladies and gentlemen. Get those last minute submissions in. Contest ends July 31st.