vectra_soundz

Fe Gearbox

11 posts in this topic

Not easily....

I am working on putting a Toyota E58 into my 626. There are some threads on some that other people have done over at mx6.com.

You would need to use the adapter plate, and do custom box mounts and gear selector controls, but apart from that its relatively straightworward (so I am told) I havent got very far into mine yet.

How bad is the FE box ? I am sure you could use other G series boxes to provide parts to fix that one.

Not easily....

I am working on putting a Toyota E58 into my 626. There are some threads on some that other people have done over at mx6.com.

You would need to use the adapter plate, and do custom box mounts and gear selector controls, but apart from that its relatively straightworward (so I am told) I havent got very far into mine yet.

How bad is the FE box ? I am sure you could use other G series boxes to provide parts to fix that one.

the housing is cracked, was told it can be welded, finding Mazda gearboxes here is like a needle in a haystack honestly. Still havent found the motivation to open the box *sigh* stupid mistake!! Will try this weekend.

occasionally whole gearboxes pop up on ebay here in Oz, but I'd say it'd cost around $500AUD to ship. Is yours cable clutch or hydraulic ? I have an old cable clutch box here. It might be easier to contact a US member and get one shipped from there if you can, it'd be cheaper.

Ooooh snap! thats lookin religious! OOhh lordy!..lol....big hole in lil box...jokes ohmy.png shit i just cant help myself, sorri. Id've walked a mote around my car with worry by now, 4 foot deep if that was me, I have a spare g box but its kinda attached to a spare motor and on a spare sub frame, surely some1 closer can assist, cost of freight from here to there man youd may as well try buy a reco one from a shop, honestly, wish you luck mate.