El Scorcho

Sk 6Ers

8 posts in this topic

Hey out there, just wondering if there are any other forum members in Saskatchewan. I currently own two GC 626 Turbo Coupes. I've only ever seen one other in Saskatoon. There are also a few MX-6's I've seen around which obviously have a bit of wrench time put into them. Speak up guys! Or girls for that matter... =)

i drove through saskatoon a few times back and fourth out west haha from ontario tho

im from balcarres, 45 mins from regina. i bought an mx6 for 500 bucks not long ago. realized it needed a shit ton of work to get it re safetied and didnt know it was stolen. so instead of fixing that up i bought a mx3 from moose jaw for 600 that crapped out on my yesterday. recently i have been working on the mx6 motor and getting it fixed up. recently honed and new piston rings, gasket set. new intercooler and piping. just a bunch of stuff for that. ive scrapped both cars but kept the 2.2l motor

So you have a rebuilt F2/T, and no car to put it in? We should definitely talk. Did you keep the transmission, wiring and ecu as well?

I have a car I am selling, that engine would be perfect for it, if you're interested. Or if you just want a car, I'd make a deal for the engine plus cash.

This is the kijiji ad: http://princealbert....QAdIdZ386214008 It's also posted here in the for sale forum.

Send me a pm.

motor is still down to the block. still need to get the timing belt and clutch for it. other than that its all getting put back together. after a good paint job. i was hoping to put it into a small car like a chevette and do major cusomization to make it work. i need something smaller than the 626. it felt like when i drove my 626 that it didnt have the full extent, like it didnt have the full power since the car was so big. and i need thise before august so i can head back to work. also a quick question. 2.2l stock psi for the turbo is 5 psi right? thats what i heard. but wasnt sure from listening to buddies.

I think 7 at least, that is what my FE/T is pushing. If you put a valve or solenoid on your wastegate actuator, the stock turbo will hit the wall around 12 or so from what I've read here.

The GC is a good 100 lbs lighter then the GD car. If you still have all the suspension etc, you can do a complete swap. CheifTool has done it. And the car can be driven until you are ready to do everything all at once. =)

I'm building a 2.0 FE/T and changing the turbo. I have an 86 Hatchback that is rusted beyond safety. I've been pulling parts from it and the engine ran beautifully before I pulled the fuel rail, so It's going to be built for some big boost.

Another unique swap option would be putting it into a B2200 or even a B2600 4x4. RX-7 Up to 85 with a B-Truck Bell housing on the transmission would work too, but the hood probably won't close without a big lump in it. I've also heard of them going into the 86-91 FC RX-7, but again they are heavier or about the same as a GD.

Someone on this forum once suggested shoehorning an F2 into a Festiva... don't remember the last time I saw one worth giving that engine tho... =/

i heard pushing 10psi is almost at the breaking point. but i guess if its honed out a little more and new shit it would be alright. ill probably keep it around 8 so just to be on the safe side as it would be my daily driver. i have all the accessories for the swap. just smashed the car to shit. its sitting in the bush. a festiva. i was looking for one. but i dont want a ford, not a ford guy. although its a nice small little car. i want to make a nice little sleeper so when people look at me stupid or be dicks ill show them up. vvvv psh.

10 PSI is near the top for either RHB5 turbo, but still well inside the envelope. The turbo is built for low to mid revs, so it spools quickly and gives you a nice kick in the seat as you take off. The lack of power you felt is the boost pressure dropping off as you get closer to redline. You won't notice a difference between 7 and 8 PSI, but 10-12 would definitely punch harder and last a little longer, and you could run 10 psi all the time if the turbo is in good shape. With a different turbo you can run 15 psi all day. These engines are epically strong, Mazda made diesel engines out of the FE and F2 with minimal changes to the internals. Mine will be a Daily Driven 20+ PSI Sleeping Can of Whoop-Ass once stage 3 is finished.

As I said about festivas, I can't remember the last time I saw one worthy of that engine and/or the wrench time to put it in. And I agree about the badge.

i want to make a nice little sleeper so when people look at me stupid or be dicks ill show them up. vvvv psh.

Nothing says sleeper like a 25 year old 626. They'll think it was your grandpa's! I've raced and won against a brand new Kia Forte Coupe, after I flat out told the girl driving it I didn't want to embarrass her... She laughed when I said that, and I laughed more when she pulled up next me at the next red light with her window rolled up. =) And your F2/T has 40ft-lb and 30HP on the stock FE/T before you even crank the boost.

Short of building the snot out of it and putting it back into a GD series 626, MX-6 or Probe, putting your engine into a GC will be the best, easiest, come out of nowhere sleeper car that will still look stock. A B2000/2200 truck would also still look stock and be fairly easy. I've also read about a Miata with a DOHC FE bored and stroked to 2.3L and turbocharged at 8 psi, again, all you'd need is a B-truck Bell Housing, and a Miata without an engine. But I seem to recall the F2 engine wouldn't work for some reason. And even if it does work, that's only if you can stand driving a toy car. MX3 or 323/Protege would be lots of work and almost no gain over their stock engines, same with newer 626s and MX6s.

Did I mention it's SK plateable and good to drive until you have everything ready to swap?