96Mazdog626

O/d Button Doesnt Work.

7 posts in this topic

Hello again everyone. I have a 96 626 with an overdrive button that doesnt work. ive searched in my chiltons book for wiring diagrams but its like the button doesnt exist to them. I tried jumping the two wires on the shifter together to see if i can get a reaction from it but no such luck. I have no voltage from either one of them so is it possible that the switch just connects a ground? If anyone knows of a wiring diagram for this feature or if there is any fuses or common problems with this i would appreciate a helping hand. Thanks alot.

It has OBDII so a lot will differ from 95. The 95 wiring diagram should at least be helpful in giving you an idea of how circuits are routed. It's not going to be the same though. There are many differences electrically but it's the closest available online to your 96/97.

The body electrical will be the same though. To my knowledge the 96 vs. 97 are the same exact car in every way aesthetically, mechanically, and electrically. It's the same exact car.

I have the same problem with my 2000 626 except the O/D occassionally flashes and the car starts running funny. I replaced the speed sensor but the problem still exists.

A mechanic said that it was only getting 7 volts to it when it should be 12.

Can anyone suggest any solutions?

I had the flashing OD light but that was when my transmission overheated and I had destroyed my transmission and torque converter. My problem could be a different issue however.