djdevon3

Djdevon3's Recognizer

2,506 posts in this topic

Yeah, we should have the pictures somewhere. It is supposed to download the external content and change the link. Who knows if it is functional.

Glad to see you are doing well. Any link to your album? I found one song on your youtube channel from about 4 months ago.

Problem is Andy and I pulled the engine and trans together in one shot.  The trans is connected and I have no desire to unbolt the damn thing just to put it on the engine stand.   The engine looked freshly rebuilt so I don't want to mess with the internals.  All I'm trying to do is the timing belt and finish up the 2nd part to that damned V6 timing belt video... 2 years later lol.

Looks like all the pictures in this build up to page 100 are indeed intact on the 626 CDN... whew!  Only like 3 images from the last page since Feb 21, 2017 have that huge 3rd party photobucket logo instead of the real image.  Only 3 images to grab but when I went to get them they still showed the 3rd party hosting logo not my actual images... on their own website.  What d**ks.  Thankfully they showed the images using their slideshow so I snagged them from the slideshow.  Far as I know only 1 post to fix on page 100 of this build, 3 images, already snagged uploaded and fixed. :)

THANK GOD FOR MAZDA626.NET CDN... BRILLIANT MOVE THAT SAVED THIS ENTIRE TOPIC and all topics that once used photobucket for image hosting.  This build isn't much of an adventure without all the pictures really.  Thank you admins for having the foresight to do that whole image CDN thing.  Worth it. <3

I seriously wish all forums used a CDN like we're lucky enough to have.  Lots of other car forums are graveyards now, just a shell of what used to be useful.  I have successfully used the Way Back Machine to sort of get around ****bucket's desperate EA-style grab for money, but sometimes the archived pages don't have all the pictures.

As far as mounting it with the trans attached, I think that's what the side mounting option is designed for, but that's a heck of a lot of weight cantilevered out with the entire long block and trans hanging out there off a couple bolts on one side of the block...

i would not bother with the engine stand if you are not taking the trans of :)
Just prop it up on the belt side and do it where it sits.

Good to hear from you again DJ. Can relate to life getting between projects, watching as you update.

On 2/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, djdevon3 said:

Problem is Andy and I pulled the engine and trans together in one shot.  The trans is connected and I have no desire to unbolt the damn thing just to put it on the engine stand.   The engine looked freshly rebuilt so I don't want to mess with the internals.  All I'm trying to do is the timing belt and finish up the 2nd part to that damned V6 timing belt video... 2 years later lol.

Whenever you are ready and up for it, give me shout and we can work on that poor car again and do videos, It'd be great to catch up too:thumbsup: