Timny626

Grill

10 posts in this topic

I don't know of anyone that's attempted it or at least I can't remember. I don't know if the way it clips in is the same. The front of the grill is missing a top section on the 96/97 to allow the hood trim piece to rest there. An unmodified 93-95 grill might not allow your hood to close.

nope. wont fit. the hood is different on the 96-97 and wont allow a 93-95 grill to clear. if you swapped the 93-95 hood on to your car, then you could use the grill though.

Thanks for the feedback i have a "Mugen" Style Front Bumper Lip for a civic on order. With the mesh i have in the 3 lower bumper sections i would like to have that 93-95 grill to fab a peice of mesh to match, so i guess ill have to get the hood too. seeing how they dont really make lips for ours cars im going with that one bc i really dont like body kits specially the ones thay have for our bodystyle so i figured id fab up the lip. thanks ill have a how to fourm up soon on fabricating that lip to fit our bumpers!

lip kits are a pretty universal thing. i had a mx6 lip on my probe. and my old tiburon i used a mx6 lip on also. its just finding ones with the similar width, and length on the sides. im sure you can make it work man. def keep us posted on your progress.

and if you just going to cut it up, then the 93-95 grill could be made to fit. just in stock form, it hits the hood. but if your hacking it up. you can easily cut all the stuff that hits the hood out of the way. the grill itself does fit the 96+ cars. it just has the issue of the hood hitting it since its shaped differently.

Yeah if you compare images of the 2 grills they look almost identical. The 96/97 just has a couple of slats cut out from the factory (which anyone can do with a dremel).

Want to make it into a tutorial? There might be some others who want to do that in the future. Would be a good read. Take pics (or video)!

1 person likes this