Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

Spam Has Been Slammed!

Just as a little update, were now protected from spammers! As many of your know we got spam bombed over the past few days. But now were tying in with projecthoneypot and stopforumspam projects!

We've already stopped a significant number of spammers :D. Sorry about all the spam lately, the mods/admins have been doing a great job axing it, this new addon should make their job much easier, and will make the forum a cleaner better place :biggrin:

no-spam.jpg

img-329979-1-20120116-geckgbqbdm7qwycxaw57ps9h1w.png

post-15320-0-78028800-1326740663.jpg

Pattern suggests they were Eastern Europeans like Ukraine or Slovenians maybe. I didn't check out any ip's though too busy knocking them out. More than a few got knocked down less than a minute after they posted. After maybe 20 I think the spammer noticed they were getting killed too quickly (sometimes within a minute) and started manually posting to see what the issue was with his bot. lol. The language changed from garbled auto posts to actual language but even that wasn't going to get past the mod team here. We were right on top of that junk yesterday. :)

Dear Spammers,

It takes us about 70% less time to remove your posts and ban you than it does for you to register and create them.

Yeah you guys have been doing a killer job eradicating the spam that got through.

I think we are able to keep out 90%+ of them now though check out whose been blocked just since 12:00 today.

img-329985-1-20120116-gnn7nsid8ercwe3n8gdapijcix.png

Yeah I've been getting some here and there, I probably hit 10 or so myself. But it appears to have almost completely dropped off today :).

Did anyone bring beers to celebrate? :biggrin:

Oh btw this was fun, So I spent an hour digging through the new registered members for the last 14 days. I probably deleted 200, to be spammers that made accounts and registered, but werent spamming yet. I had to crosscheck each IP /email with stopforumspam.com. Welp, hopefully that will greatly minimize future spam now!