madaz_gc_85

2012 Gc's Are Still Lookin Good!

93 posts in this topic

When and where can we see all the pics?  I want to see ALL of them even if there are hundreds.  There are plenty of people here that love to see 626 build images!

Well i have one more issue when i get to it and thats where im putting these pics when its finished, there is at least 30+, i wish i still had my server up i could just post them on that and link it here but that involves me setting up the server again and thats a pain in the arse, im not a fan of image hosting sites so im left with not many options, maybe youtube or here, i spose i will cross that bridge when i get to it.

Decided to do both my fuel tanks on my GC's, full clean up and sealed internally, sound deadener on bottoms now its like new!, nothing but contaminate free fuel for the next ten years easy,.. which will go well with my new fuel pump that ive had for over a year now,...still waitin for the fuel pump bracket tho....ay chief... :whistle::mellow::dry:....lol

Oh yea its not that kreem shit i heard about either its aussie made stuff from Advanced Protective Industries they have a good range of products for the DIY fellas, I bought a tank seal kit and it had all i needed to do the job thoroughly. Product is called KBS Coatings by the way.

I will be posting a topic on the GC conversion to turbo possibly in Nov, silver bullet is finished just need wheel alignment and new rubber (coming weeks) then i can test drive it!...lol oh my job never ends..... i pay myself in compliments and alcohol :w00t:

I will be posting a topic on the GC conversion to turbo possibly in Nov, silver bullet is finished just need wheel alignment and new rubber (coming weeks) then i can test drive it!...lol oh my job never ends..... i pay myself in compliments and alcohol :w00t:

Nice! Who does your alignments?

If you need a hand or someone to hurl a ratchet at, I'll happily drive into town to lend a hand. I'll even bring beer  :lol:

I have tried a few but have returned to tyrepower over and over for good reason too, i havnt had a wheel alignment since the green GC was put on road and that was over a year ago, still drives str8, apart from torque steer :whistle: Mostly all work is finished i also got to get new shoes to go with my new rotors b4 i get rubber an wheel align done, im trying to get my server up and running again so i can at least link the job pics from there, or i delete a few off here, I'll get there sooner or later nice and steady wins the race - if its judged on fuel economy that is. :rofl::cool:

Thanks for that. I'll try Tyrepower next time I need one done, at the moment still driving to Brisbane for them. Sure you don't need a hand? Working part time at the moment and running out of things to do  :lol:

Giving the silver turbo bullet coolant change and oil change come Friday seems to be going ok apart from a few minor issues but i have good vibes for it.

Here is a pic of engine bay now.

image_url-19340-1418854553.jpg

And some of the fuel pump bracket I made up for her...

HERE

I will be trying to get more up when I can get time to as its going to be a busy week.

Sorry many, I never got my arse into gear to send you mine.

My car has hardly moved in 6 months, i've not had a chance to do anything to it, life has got in the way..again

Its ok I enjoy utilizing my creativity I recons I did a not too shabby job on it, Its sturdy, stiff and fits just like an original... I did make it out of a 2x2 cubed tube steel here,

image_url-19340-1419033115.jpg

So it was a bit of a challenge getting square tube to become flat, tho after a few poundings with a mini sledge and some mapp gas it soon did as its told.

Both cars are going well im only having one issue with the silver turbo bullet but hopefully chief tool will answer my pm so it will all be finally sorted, then i will be a happy 626er.....

What's wrong mate?

Kinda hard to explain as I have sent chief tool a few pm's as he has the same turbo setup as I do and would know exactly what Im saying, this is the only site I chose to stay a member of since 2007 and supported it by way of donations I do expect to utilize the knowledge base and from its members experience and Moderators to get the correct answer I need, I would do the same for them if i was in their position. I have checked all possible areas of concern, may of missed a few but thats why I keep asking chief tool as he has had his car for a long time he tells everyone so I need him to step up to the plate and put it to use. This is borderline what grinds my gears right here.

UPDATE-: Even though the pcv checked out to be working and I even switched them over from the other car, turned out to be a intermittent failing pcv.

Really astonished that it had me clueless for a good while there until I met albinus and showed him the same things I did (swapped over pcv from other car) and wat do u know it worked this time! now I have done that like 10 times at least to diagnose the pcv... and when another 626er visits and its boom! gets back in line and stops being stubborn.. hilarious I thought.

UPDATE-: Even though the pcv checked out to be working and I even switched them over from the other car, turned out to be a intermittent failing pcv.

Really astonished that it had me clueless for a good while there until I met albinus and showed him the same things I did (swapped over pcv from other car) and wat do u know it worked this time! now I have done that like 10 times at least to diagnose the pcv... and when another 626er visits and its boom! gets back in line and stops being stubborn.. hilarious I thought.

Ha! Yes I was surprised as well :biggrin:

Funnily enough I purchased a replacement PCV valve soon after that was stuck open from factory. Wondered why my idle was going up and oil level going down :lol:

Update.

Mazda's are going well, small jobs here and there other than that they are going strong.

As ya's all know I love to stir up Hornets nests, well any thing that needs to be stirred WILL be with me,  Anyhow to my point, I now also own a EG5 Honda Civic 2 door hatch D16y1 engine with V-Tec and 5spd manual, Moon roof, Rice Rocketed with spoiler kit, 17" mags, chipped ECU etc.. etc... Going to get stickers for all three of my cars eventually, Mazda's will have "My other car is a Honda" and the Honda will have "My other car is a Mazda" or "Piss on Honda" on the Mazda's and "Piss on Mazda" on the Honda that will get them going I'm sure... XD! Enjoy!!