Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
madaz_gc_85

2012 Gc's Are Still Lookin Good!

I do when the front is lowered and the rear is stock,.. tried with and without rear spoiler, with has much better fine steering control than without, but if its all level sus then you wont notice anything, plus i have a super touchy steering rack and queensland roads are like dirt roads after a storm with bitumen poured over them its that uneven and potholed in some areas.

yeah that 200 was on pretty shit roads in rural NSW. Maybe the sedan drives differently to the five door. I have never owned a five door GC. had a quite a few four door sedans and one coupe.

The coupe probably felt better at speed than any of my four door cars, but it handled better all round even with city driving, despite the fact that mine had taken a solid hit near the rear right shock tower and the whole rear end was out of alignment it still out handled my sedan that had Koni adjustables and custom springs...

I still look for a decent coupe but theyre pretty rare these days.

I dont mind the coupe's they should get more pickup being a bit lighter tho i fear i wont have much leg room or head room as im 6 foot tall my head almost hits the roof in the green GC bcos of the sunroof as it is..lol

Not so, the coupe is actually heavier. The four door is the lightest with the povo trim model tipping the scales at 1015kg, Mine on the weighbridge with tools 1/2 tank of fuel weighed in at 1115kg its official weight as SDX trim non turbo auto was 1080kg.

I am 6' 1" so I feel your pain, I just got into my GD five door turbo with a sunroof but my hair used to rub on the sunroof surround. I wish I could have bought a non sunroof model as the sunroof had nothing but problems.

My GC coupe didnt have a sunroof, plus in the coupe the seats are lower to the floor so that the headroom is about the same as the four door. leg room is good, probably better than the other models but the rear seat legroom is worse...but who sits in the back of their own car...I said "sits" so quiet down you lot.

Heavier? damn well that deters me then but good to know tho, i recline my seat sometimes cos of my height but the green GC with sunroof, i may have to keep it in a reclined position so doing this will stop bumps on my head... and push it back into my seat more.....sweeet:>

Here is the Green GC Turbo FINALLY!, its been a while

image_url-19340-1358550832.jpg

Has a BIT of cosmetic/superficial wear/damage apart from that looks, smells and feels awesome!

image_url-19340-1358552867.jpg

Has a VLT 35% on side windows and the rear sun louvers on back, Interior hardly has any sun/UV damage becouse of it.

image_url-19340-1358552897.jpg

Header covers i did a few months ago turned the way i expected, after all i did have to sand most of it cos of the rust being in deep, nice purpleish/blue now

image_url-19340-1358552932.jpg

Oil catch can, Digital boost gauge, LED Brake/Park/reverse and indicator bulbs, MSD Blaster 3 coil, And custom Number Plates...lol

image_url-19340-1358553011.jpg

image_url-19340-1358552989.jpg

Panoramic view of interior front and back.......

Still the factory paint and in swarve condition.......

image_url-19340-1358552964.jpg

Now she gets to enjoy a few more Queensland sunsets with me.........

• Like 4

:drool: Classic beauty!

always liked rear window louvers, only if could make some for my 4th gen :devil:

@ madaz_gc_85 hey man, I didn't know you had snow in the summer, just look at those 2 poor cars in the background still covered in snow :rofl:

(what kind of cars were those 2?)

I like to ice things...lol not sure i think a toyota camry and a daewoo lanos or hyundai elantra?.... they were parked there for sale i think

image_url-19340-1358559951.jpg

didnt really pay attention to them honestly......oh look my GC's rear hatch squirter....ahhh...lol

ah ha aha LOL ! squirter

Looks like a Camry and an Audi A4

Wow that's a nice classic 626. Yeah the louvres do it for me too. You don't see them too often on cars and just awesome that they came on the 626. I love looking at 626's. Why does it seem like the highest concentration of 2nd and 3rd gens in the world is in Australia? Did you guys have a manufacturing plant there or something?

Mazda may have had a factory here for the GC, i did see a few tv shows back in the eighties adverting them on game shows like family fued? cant remember too trivial my stamps say made in 86 and aus compliance plate says 87 so wheather it was imported or not (not sure bcos of aust comp plate on it) but i think mine was finished here in aust so maybe they shell imported some? Good topic though Dj.

No, our 626's were all imported. Thanks to not having snow and the associated salty roads we dont have the rust problem that you get with salty roads. GC's basically used to last pretty well even in coastal evironments, whatever they did on the production line was a massive improvement over the CB2MS which used to rust in the doors.

Plus, up until recently (¬2005) new cars were f***ing expensive and the locally manufactured cars were rubbish, so, people used to hang onto their imported japanese cars for 10 years or more, so GCs were quite common even 10 years ago when they were 15 years old.

Now days they're rare, as new cars are cheap thanks to the high value of the $ AUD compared with everywhere else.

There are only a handful of people still campaigning GCs and GDs. Parts are becoming rare in a country of 22million people. I order alot of things from the US and get them posted out. Junkyards only get cars in every now and then, whereas 5 years ago there would be at least one car in stock. Seems like people draw the line at the 20 year mark here in Oz, after that its off to the scrap yard unless you're a die hard enthusiast.

BTW Mazdaz_gc_85 your green Mazda looks like its got a BG 323 steering wheel.

Yea i had an idea they were imported, but as a complete car tho? like the aus turbo specs are different from the eu or us versions but similar to the jdm magnum version is that right?..anyhow the original wheel was really craped out when i got her, i actually thought it was a gd 626 wheel i put on but i havnt much expertise on that so your prolly right chief all i was lookin for was the mazda emblem on the horn button, apart from that it makes the car feel real nice on turns and straights and matches the interior well too.

Yep, they were definitely fully imported, Mazda never had a knockdown plant in Oz.

At the time, Australian manufacturing was very anti competitive.

Due to our small market the turbo models were loosely based on JDM models as we drive on the same side of the road as Japan, Alot was to do with what other manufacturers were doing with turbo cars at the time and the fact that our fuel was low in octane rating and unleaded didnt become available until Feb 1986. No cars with O2 sensors would work with leaded fuel so any car with fuel injection had to be open loop.

Not too many manufacturers could be bothered making a model just for Australia when they were going to sell only 200 of them. This is why the turbo models didnt appear until 1986. By this time the AUD to Yen was bad and the turbo models were horribly expensive. There may have also been a deal going with Ford who released the same car under the Telstar badge that Mazda would not try to outsell the Telstar, which may have been why Magnum models were JDM only. I was incredibly lucky to score one of the last of them in 1995 from Japan.

The LHD market models were all MPEFI, which may have had something to do with passing Californian emission regs. Hard to say for sure. turbo models didnt appear anywhere else in the world. European buyers seemed happy with less power. In some ways thats where Australia is like the US, we dont like gutless cars, but our fuel is about the same price as Canada.

BTW I owned a BG so the steering wheel was a dead giveaway.

Yea they would of made a deal with ford on the telstar, thats probably why i saw the mazda 626 on these game shows that you could win back then, i spose not to worry at least there isnt many of them left now, a BG wheel is good to know it really suits the car better than a sports race wheel with boss kit i recon(like my silver GC has).

Nice Looking too.. and SOOOOO Clean for bring 20 plus years old.. If you need more parts let me know as I may have a few..

Dan

Looks awesome!Those rear hatch louvers are perfect, I need some to period correct my car:). Mud guards also...

Yes 27 years old to be exact, The louvers i had to save, they needed a little repair on the slot joints, the car was pretty bad when i got it to be honest, filthy dirty inside damage to running gear/suspension, only thing undamaged was the engine bay only had a few exhaust mani bolts to replace but i could still drive it, also hasnt been rebuilt yet and its done easy 440,000klms just replaced w/pump and timing belt and t/pully, and a few gaskets, btw I found what looks to be a detail slip from when it left the factory, its mostly in japanese but i can see the chassis no. and such that refers to the green car, i found it on the drivers side roof panel if anyone wants to sus theirs (if you have power s/roof anyway not sure on others will look at silver one) but that has to be rare yea? its a printout style as far as i can tell, sort of like a reciept im not real hot on my japanese but it seems to be stating all of the features on it from factory like wheel size, motor type, interior type/colour and body shape i think, i also see the time and date too up top..! This is soo a Birth Certificate...lol

OH man i get excited when i hear our cars spool up, Take a look at this video from youtube man it sounds like a big ass turbo.......

There was another guy in Colombia who had a FE3 turbo in his GC and ran 14s down the 1/4. I am trying to find his vid. It seems have been removed.

Wouldnt it just be awesome if that was the factory motor and turbo in that vid..... sorta sounds like mine when it spools but not as long or as loud though. I scanned what i will call "my cars birth certificate" to show yas as pictures paint a thousand words im just happy to have this old peice of paper that has my cars info on it from the factory...yayeyay!

image_url-19340-1360107373.jpg

• Like 1

Mazda/Ford at the time had a plant here in Australia and NZ and Taiwan, it was just for the Telstar and TX5 only tho so we have some 'extra' parts cars around....lol

No replies to the Birth certificate pic post?...now i really know its rare then..lol