madaz_gc_85

2012 Gc's Are Still Lookin Good!

93 posts in this topic

Ok thought i would start a new topic as there are none so far so break water, id like to see some pics of ur rides....obviously 83-87 626's an see how others in the world are holding up after there release, and if u have a way u look after your ride..(not like my bmx id jus drop it where i felt) let us know ur mods,tips and of course, tricks to keep that hmmm nice look anyways im restoring my 86 turbo hatch so more pics are yet to come... ive kept it in my garage since ive owned it almost 2yrs.. an when its on the road it will still be kept covered when not in use its such a awesome car! my everyday ride is the non turbo version an i mean out in tha weather an driven errrday!! it gets wear n tear as im a father of two boys...backseat ocupants most the time when its driven. So clean ya rides up an take some pics...no real rush as they are gonna last a while more yet.... :rolleyes:

Yea that roof is cool az GC's are still lookin swarve and that handcuff i love it!!...we got novelty big testicles to hangoff our towbars here...lol but i luv how stock they still look its awesome! nostalgia! gota get drunk and reminise now!! my pics are comin in a day or two (Silver bullet is dirty az) and i gota put the oem rims back on the turbo after the polish job.....again awesome pics guys gona need more than a thousand words to describe wat im seein!!...

I love the rising sun roof job. I'm such a sucker for old skool JDM styling.

i love it as well, i think if the whole car was white it would look awesomer. my great uncle is restoring a 85 cause that was his wifes car and he feels that if he restores it, it will make his wife happy while she rests in the afterlife.

yeah i think white would look good too but i really love the brown for some reason.

tell you uncle we would love to see some pictures during the restoration!!!

if i have time to go over there, i will post pics he might have put it on the side to restore a 69 charger so his son will have something nice to drive when he isnt on duty overseas. but pics of it if i can

Uhh weather has been so shit here the last few weeks, plus having some jobs that need finishing first, and fighting with myself to get off MW3, an get into gear, im getting there, i should hurry up b4 winter gets here and i start hibernating,..lol

UPDATE: Here is the silver bullet after a wash an vacuum,...image_url-19340-1331446368.jpg

image_url-19340-1331444902.jpg

image_url-19340-1331446283.jpg

image_url-19340-1331444799.jpg

image_url-19340-1331444860.jpg

Yea nice car......crickets..... :mellow: ...... well thats my most recent pic of my silver bullet anyways, i am going to convert it to turbo CFI got everything ready just looking for vj11 turbo, exhaust mani and pipe flange then the work begins,........

I can definately tell ya im the only one with'em on a 626 that i know of,...or on any other car maybe, i know i dont see them hardly if at all, they called switchblades and i got them 2009 end year, i liked them and no1 else had them i so got'em, individuality i spose and it beats seein ya rims on every tom dick an harrys cars too lol.

Not bad shape, I reckon it needs a window tint, it really works well with the blacked out pillars on the SDX models like on my white car....

I tinted the green car since the photo was taken and its not the same, I am thinking about painting the pillar and door surrounds to bring it up to SDX trim (seeing as how everything else is)

I dont mind the rims..

I am not sold on the rear wing tho, but thats just me, I take them off my cars that had them from the factory.

Also I didnt realise the burgundy interior was available on series II cars, I thought they reverted to grey.

Yea the spoiler was an addition got it off another 626 like mine, but i see these on GD models as well i just put it on there cos it looked really bare, fading paint and all same for the rims, at least it takes peoples eyes off the dings, an yea i luv that interior! best colour match with silver i reckon, dash is going to be changed to a greyish/blue same style tho after i do the turbo conversion.

Ohhh pretty silver. Reminds me of Leev's car with the little dent on the front quarter panel and all. :P Love how the yard is mowed to perfection and the interior is in immaculate shape. The yard and car go very well together. I'm gonna save those pics. Beautiful imagery.

Thanks DJ i cant wait to get pics up when the green Turbo is finished its a looker, the silver ones paint is dying ever so slowly :unsure: (on roof and hatch) but with a well positioned angle and light, click! i enjoyed taking those photos the interior comes up really good in the pics(doesnt seem like that to me tho,well to my eyes lol) but it was a really clear day the lawn just mowed, car just washed brought out the blue sky with some clouds in the windows of the GC and body.i wish it would jus stay in this condition forever! :happy:

Yea that is sweeet its almost the same style as my green turbo version, except the engine setup (mines aus spec turbo central fuel injection) and my front and rear bumper wrap over the top and i have headlight squirters there(front), Almost done cleaning the green turbo up will post pics when done, thou there are a few in the garage.

image_url-19340-1331446283.jpg

I was absolutely in love with it until I saw the wheels, can and spoiler. Truly an incredibly body shape and potential, but if your happy then so be it.

Well i spose it beats havin stocko wheels on it (i hate that pursuit rims look btw), spoiler was for control at high speeds obviously not just for show, and the cannon is to stop restricting the exhaust flow (resonator is next) Honestly if these cars are not the luxury models they look fairly shitty to me. i had a stock model it was an 83 and i was turned off it alot becouse of the interior and such, those ones go to rally imo! You know how it is, one mans trash is another mans treasure, even if the other man didnt throw it away. My green 626 turbo is the real eye candy.

Trust me you dont the wing for control at high speeds....I've had my turbo up over 200 (125mph) and never noticed any stability problems except the friggin road I was driving on!