Zepticon's Worklog (626 And Rx-7)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha i would do the same to get a chance to scavenge in your scrapyards! Here they are shit and there is never anything juicy! Was at it yesterday aswell, and after 3 hours in the garage, i managed t

So a small update from me. Just had the 626 at the biennial vehicle test, and passed it with more or less flying colors :) I only had an error with the passeger side safety belt not working properly,

Tried some Autoslalom today :D

Posted Images

Ah that's the package you were talking about. Those are really shiny. They are going to look stunning with your interior. Hell your car is stunning as it is but you can NEVER go wrong with black and chrome... as long as you don't go overboard like with the aluminum strips around every edge of your car.

I got plans ;) I always do. And dont worry about overboard, Im a scandinavian minimalist with design education. What can go wrong?? :p34fh:

So i found a set of KLZE HLA's in my kitchen closet while moving my parts storage to my workshop.

And i thought id clean em up and use them in the KLZE when i rebuild it.

Taking them apart was surprisingly simple:

You need one HLA, and one of those things in the next picture.

img-333071-1-IMG_1891.jpg

So, yous grap one of those things that you use to grab small things very hard, put them inside the HLA and pull out the mini-HLA thats inside. Its easier to get out if you twist it when you pull.

img-333071-2-IMG_1893.jpg

This is the mini-HLA:

img-333071-3-IMG_1894.jpg

img-333071-4-IMG_1895.jpg

Pull the two parts apart. I did it with my fingers, so should not need any tools.

img-333071-5-IMG_1897.jpg

Inside is a small spring, and some really old an nasty dinosaur remains. The HLAs had been soaked in kerosene for a week when i did this, and they were still dirty as hell inside.

Only way to get em properly clean is to take em apart.

img-333071-6-IMG_1898.jpg

inside the other part, there is a small ball, and a tiny spring. Dont drop it on the floor. You will NEVER find it again.

img-333071-7-IMG_1899.jpg

Taking apart all 24 HLAs took me about 10 mins.

img-333071-8-IMG_1900.jpg

This is what came out of the mini-HLAs. Smells like teen spirit or something.

img-333071-9-IMG_1901.jpg

Put everything back into the kerosine bath to let it soak for a few more days.

img-333071-10-IMG_1902.jpg

Also in this picture: Package from monoxide, full of shiny!

Super easy cleanup :D whole shit took me no more than 15 mins.

Most of mine are stuck closed. No amount of priming in a vice would open them. I'll try the kerosene bath. Still have a week before my parts get here so that just might work out ok. Think seafoam would work? I'd rather not have to go track down some kerosene. I've heard seafoam is basically kerosene anyway.

Most of mine are stuck closed. No amount of priming in a vice would open them. I'll try the kerosene bath. Still have a week before my parts get here so that just might work out ok. Think seafoam would work? I'd rather not have to go track down some kerosene. I've heard seafoam is basically kerosene anyway.

You wont need kerosine :) its impossible to push them together, because the little steel ball stops them from that when they are full of oil. But you should pull them out. And thats easy no matter how fucked up they are ;)

Just take a vice around the little nudge inside, twist and pull. The inside part comes apart with hand force.

So, i have ordered myself a Raspberry Pi (look it up if u dont know what it is) and im now looking for a good quality screen with HDMI. (good quality = Retina, AMOLED etc)

Screen must be about the size of a 626 speedomter cluster. Anyone got any tips?

I actually entered the Raspberry Pi logo contest last year. I did not win. :(

Only reason I entered was because I wanted one. Was going to use it to run all my music in my car, wifi access to my network for when you want to download new songs from your network, embedded in the car with VPN or telnet from a laptop, etc.. Would have been cool but whatever I have too much on my plate right now as it is. Anyway, I wanted to experiment with it as an automotive PC. Using it with a solid state disk and hard wiring it to the car would be totally doable.

Raspberry_Pi_Logo_Contest.png

post-520-0-79187100-1330629834_thumb.png

Went to buy me a set of window wipers today... Came out with $100 worth of engine tools.

So now im set for a rebuild :) JUst need to order the parts and stuff from RockAuto and Ebay.

img-333147-1-IMG_1908.jpg

And here is 24 shiny clean HLAs

img-333147-2-IMG_1909.jpg

I'm very interested to see if you can come up with a "poor man's Racepak" display!

Eheheh :D So you got my aim on that one? I like the idea they have but the display looks like shit. If i can get the Raspberry to boot fast enough, and take data from MS2, then im set to go :D only need a good screen, preferably Amoled or something similar, and then get my friend to hook me up with a custom java code that turns the MS2 data into graphics and audio :)

What i want, is the LFA speedo, in the 626, and if i get one running in the 626, the MX6 is getting one aswell :)

Lol whoops. :lol:

I thought you already had Interpreps, or were you just talking about them before? And I thought you had the K6F mounts, or did you not get all of them?

I have Interpreps in the ZE, i was talking about the friction springs on the cam gear:)

And the K6F mounts are going in the MX6, want the 626 to bee smooth as silk, but thats not possible with polymounts :) I can change the front ones if they break, but im not taking the chanse on using an old mount in the back in case it breaks :D