Zepticon's Worklog (626 And Rx-7)

lol you would too. It's a Honyota Fordanza. I'll guess the package is something you wanted cut in half? Thought you already got the MS kit or is that for the MX-6? What's wrong with your compression? Sorry but I don't remember the compression numbers. Sounds like you've got tons of material to work with coming up to make some really great tutorials. hint hint.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha i would do the same to get a chance to scavenge in your scrapyards! Here they are shit and there is never anything juicy! Was at it yesterday aswell, and after 3 hours in the garage, i managed t

So a small update from me. Just had the 626 at the biennial vehicle test, and passed it with more or less flying colors :) I only had an error with the passeger side safety belt not working properly,

Tried some Autoslalom today :D

Posted Images

lol you would too. It's a Honyota Fordanza.

Its a very rare prototype :D Only 5 of them made in the world. :p34fh:

I'll guess the package is something you wanted cut in half?

I wish :D But its not. Its small and shiny ;)

Thought you already got the MS kit or is that for the MX-6?

The MS3X kit i bought was originaly for the 626, but now that the MX6 is upgraded to crazy project car, the 626 will be my DD. And thus i cba to do massive engine mods. But a PNP setup would net me around 200WHP with the VAF delete and proper tuning on a ZE, and it have the AC. Not sure if my current computer can control the AC.

What's wrong with your compression? Sorry but I don't remember the compression numbers. Sounds like you've got tons of material to work with coming up to make some really great tutorials. hint hint.

When i changed my springs i noticed that not all cylinders was sealed. When putting them under preassure i could hear the air leaking out from them, so ill see what i can do about that. Might aswell do it when the heads are out jsut to be sure.

Ill make some tutorials;) But be warned im learning as i go :D So its more a "this is how i did it, and this is what went wrong" :biggrin:

That's how I do every tutorial. :) I cut out all the stuff I do wrong just because I don't want bad information out there. One of my videos has a lot of incorrect information but I can't reshoot it until I get the engine back together. I could probably make a 5 minute video with all the mistakes I've made on camera. Hell I just fractured my thumb yesterday but I didn't get that mistake on video. Nice thing about YouTube videos are the annotations. You can always correct information later with a note embedded in the video. Makes updating tutorials really easy. Sucks that YouTube doesn't allow you to upload a new version of a video though. I hate that.

Do you know where it's losing compression? Thought about doing a leak-down test?

Do you know where it's losing compression? Thought about doing a leak-down test?

I dont know that its losing compression:) I but when i have it apart, i could just lap the valves and be done with it and dont have to think about it again :D

Do it once and do it proper is my approach to thinkgs im gona use every day :)

you should just be the first KL out of the states to do a Maf conversion. ;)

I would need an OBD2 wire harness for the entire car, then both the milly ECU and harness iirc? The MS2PNP is cheaper, less work and equally good, or better i guess.

^

not at all man!

there's a member on PT with the screen name "josh elhart" that has been selling plug and play harness. it plugs right into your existing ecu plugs from your stock harness, then you can plug in the ODB2 ecu. and it even has the ODB2 access ports to read CEL codes. it makes it just as easy to MAF swap a ODB1 car, as a ODB2 car. ;)

believe me. after you mess with MS, you will understand. i have two cars running MS right now. and for a daily driver, you cant beat the reliability of something plug and play that you never have to mess with.

I got the Xtremethings chip for that =)

Part numbers for Porsce 968 Oil filers that might fit the KL:

K&N Part# HP-4001

WIX Part# 51287

BOSCH Part# 72158

Mobil 1 Part# M1-401

STP Part# S6941

KL vs Porsche

img-332663-1-IMG_1299.jpg

http://www.performanceprobe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32611&highlight=larger+oil

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I read a topic where someone used a Corvette LS1 oil filter too. Worth looking into.

Yepp. The ZR1 mod is the one people have been using up untill now, since its said to give higher oil pressure. But according to K&N it has different limits on the pressure valve. (in the link under the picture)

my MZR hasnt had an internal oil filter since 2006. lol. it was the first mod i did to my mazda6 was getting rid of that damn set up. those have cause way to many engine failures.

in all truth, ive never actually compared them to the spin on conversion i have. but id say its a pretty good chance it would fit. ill have to check that when i get the 6 out of storage and do an oil change for spring.

Ah that's the package you were talking about. Those are really shiny. They are going to look stunning with your interior. Hell your car is stunning as it is but you can NEVER go wrong with black and chrome... as long as you don't go overboard like with the aluminum strips around every edge of your car.