Zepticon's Worklog (626 And Rx-7)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha i would do the same to get a chance to scavenge in your scrapyards! Here they are shit and there is never anything juicy! Was at it yesterday aswell, and after 3 hours in the garage, i managed t

So a small update from me. Just had the 626 at the biennial vehicle test, and passed it with more or less flying colors :) I only had an error with the passeger side safety belt not working properly,

Tried some Autoslalom today :D

Posted Images

ill source you a OEM leather wrapped mx6 wheel with tits if you want to trade. :)

If its close to mint we have a deal :) Ill get some nice pics of the RX7 onewhen im at the workshop next time!

It has to be the early type style, like the one in the picture:)

with the diamond logo also? cause that one i dunno about. i cant remember ever even seeing one of those here in the states. but ill keep my eyes posted. do u want one with the cruise controls on it, or just basic with no extra buttons?

]with the diamond logo also? cause that one i dunno about. i cant remember ever even seeing one of those here in the states. but ill keep my eyes posted. do u want one with the cruise controls on it, or just basic with no extra buttons?

The early ones looked like that i think, with the diamond. I got a later model with airbag, from the states, and thats all plastic =(

Picture is from a european one, not sure about the age. I read a post on MX6.com that there was an early type like the one on the picture, and one later model with airbag in the center.

Unfortunately the MX6 never came in norway so sorting spares is hell :(

I asked one of the JDM dealers to bee on the lookout for one aswell when i bought the projectors :)

So if anyone of them finds one before you can, im sure we can work out a trade of some other parts that i need.

they only used the diamond logo in some 94's here. but only a few used them, like the mx3, and 929. but like i said, i dont think the mx6 ever used that logo here. but ill keep an eye out for you. what if its the same shape wheel, but with the eternal flame logo in the center?i

i spend ALOT of time hitting up a ton of local yards. so im pretty good at finding parts. i probably blow half my pay checks on car parts every week. lol

ill source you a OEM leather wrapped mx6 wheel with tits if you want to trade. :)

If its close to mint we have a deal :) Ill get some nice pics of the RX7 onewhen im at the workshop next time!

It has to be the early type style, like the one in the picture:)

Motorboat driving ftw?

^Lol, who's going to make a how-to for that?

wait... what?

http://mazda626.net/...post__p__329933

wow.... my fetish suddently have a name and is a well known thing... :p34fh: daeim!

This type will do aswell Mono:) As long as its leather, and in good condition :) CruiseControl is a must :)

While at it, keep your eyes out for them sexy chrome doorhandles, and AC piping from a V6:D that is the only thing i still need :D

Aaaand if you are sending stuff to norway, i might wana get some more parts in the shipment, from Corksport :D

img-329957-1-20875470033_large.jpg

• Like 1

That one is for games and stuff only, got the intel X25-M for OS disk.

But unfortunatley, the SATA controller on my MB cant keep up with this thing :D so the real reason i bought it is because its small, and silent :)

So jealous. I really want to partake in that bulk buy, but I don't have any cams! lol

It's below freezing right now, and there are several inches of snow, so going to the junk yard for G4 cams is not the most appealing prospect! :biggrin:

Haha :D pussy ;) Should be easy to get a set of cams from probetalk tbh. But G4 ones? Are you going with a G4 with homemeade internals and SLA instead of the traditional ZE conversion?

i forgot the picture ;)

img-330333-1-IMG_1751.jpg

Installed the Shortshifter last night! Great success! Feels much better now :D

Also removed the exhaust that was on it and put on the stock rear muffler from the V6 626. Was some noisy shit fartcannon on it when i bought it.

Profit!

Im also looking at a dirt cheap Rx7 FD3S, but im not sure if i have enough projects allready or not :D

Ill get some pictures from the guy selling it, and we will see... Its a project car, so im basicly buying it in boxes.

I just saw an entire front clip of an RX7 on ebay last night. Includes a 13B.

This is the guy i bought the seats and RX7 wheel from. Hes selling the entore shit now as he is tired of it:D

Did you use PrinceValorums guide on the short shifter?

Nope, i bought a Fidanza shifter, lot easyer to install,a s it has the entire shifter housing aswell. All i needed to do was to make some bushings, remove the stock shiter, instert the new one, bolt it up and go :D

I take it you are enjoying the sound of the car much more with that loud exhaust?

Without the loud exhaust;) When i bought it, they ahd removed the stock muffler and put on a fartcan. So it was VERY noisy.

I put the spare exhaust from my parts car on, and now im in heaven :D

• 3 weeks later...

So. Not much news, but some atleast.

- Cams are in Canada getting nice and Tri-Flow'y

- I signed up for the KL V6 Megasquirt Plug&Play kit that diyautotune is making.

- I got a nice shiny package incoming from a member on the forum :D

- Dragged the silver 626 hatchback out from my shop and put the black/blue one in. Time to tear it apart.

- Been looking at parts for a week now, and it looks like im gona do a complete full mfking overhaul of the ZE. All gaskets and seals, new oil pump, and all bearings and rings.

- Gona polish the heads, valves and pistons, and lap the valves. Nice compression numbers here i come!

The pricetag on my MX6 project is also growing. So far everything on the "want to do" list is well past 10 grand :D

And to make it even better, the MX6 is rarer than the RX7 over here. People have no idea what car it is. Gona be great when i get the mazda badges off, and i can troll people all day about what car it is :D