Zepticon

Zepticon's Worklog (626 And Rx-7)

1,352 posts in this topic

Since my old thread have totaly derailed and contains both 626, Celica, and now an MX-6, i think its time to make a new, grand and epic combined build thrad that will contain everything i even think about modding. For now, will start with my tree cars:

Mazda 626 GT - 2.5L V6 KL31 (KLZE)
The first car i bought myself, and the car that started my entire autophile career. When i bought it in 2005, it was a very booring and 100% stock 1,8l 626 LX. LX means it has _no_ extras, not even electric windows. 5 minutes after i handed over the cash to the previous owner, i did the first mod. The first of many.

Current Mods:
- Enkei 17" rims with 215/45-17 tires
- TruBendz/Magnaflow Exhaust

- OBX Headers

- OEM Euro Lip-kit
- Koni shocks and Cobra springs.
- JDM KL-31 engine, also known as the KL-ZE
- Full King6Fab rear suspension
- mFactory LSD

Future plans: VIP-look
- Mazdaspeed 6 Front and Rear brakes.
- BBS-LM 17" Rims (Gold with polished edge)
- Full Paintjob in dark/charcoal gray.
- Full Body Makeover
- Full Custom Leather interior (OEM look)
- Sound dampening the entire car.
- Install OEM Aircondition
- Install ABS
- Fully rebuildt 11.5:1 engine, with COP ignition, E85 map and possible ITBs
- Full Window tint

Mazda RX-7 - 13B-REW
After my garage and entire collection of MX-6 and Celica parts was gone, i saw a chance to step up the game and get an RX-7.

So i found a super low mile, mint condition 94 mod in Germany, and i got on a plane to get it. I later found out that there is only sold about 250 94-95 models in Europe, so its quite a unique car.

So far it will be a stock/OEM looking car, with only minor exterior and interior mods. The engine will get some love later, and the aim is 400rwhp.

Current Mods:
- BBS "Postert" 17" rims
- Remus "Postert" Mid-back exchaust

- De-badged and de-winged.

Future plans: OEM-love
- Spirit-R/RZ big brake setup
- Spirit-R Leather interior pieces (Steering wheel, shifter and e-brake)

- Black RZ Recaro seats
- 2000+ white gauges with boost gauge

- 2-DIN headunit

- 99-spec front and rear bumpers (except wing)

- Feed carbon sidesteps

- Carbon rear diffuser

- Carbon 99-style front lip

- Bi-Xenon retrofit

++++

So, now to hunt down some of them sexy OEM floormats... 626 dos not seem to be a problem, but the MX6 looks pretty rare :S

Since my old thread have totaly derailed and contains both 626, Celica, and now an MX-6

It doesn't take long, huh? Mine's pretty derailed, too!

- Mazdaspeed 6 Front and 98+ Mazda 626 Rear brakes.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-general/141286-solution-all-our-seizing-caliper-problems.html

I'm not sure how the 626 calipers are with seizing, but I know the P5's had that rep, as well, so I'm not sure how much of a long term solution it is.

Lol so baller.

Looks matter;) and im beeing honest about it atleast... Each inch i can add on my rotor, i can also add on my penis!

2 sets of 626 floormats ordered. Now i need to figure a way of dying one of the sets.

Anyone got any idea what they are made of? Im guessing polyester, nylon or acrylic, all of which is a bitch do dye :S

Still trying to get hold of the MX-6 mats. And also a good condition MX6 steeringwheel.

SEM makes a great interior dye, and offer's one specifically for carpet.

SEM is the main company most car dealers use to refresh there interiors, and the products really work.

Well, right now alot of good things are comming, in the mail :D

- Used set of USDM MX6 floormats

- Used USDM MX6 steeringwheel (with tits and airbag, gona try and get it working in the 626 with the airbag)

- Two sets of brand new USDM 626 floormats

- A set of KLDE retainers (for the last 12 springs that still have the old DE/ZE retainers)

- "Altezza" style MX6 rear lights (dont worry, they will be fixed to look good , trust me ^^)

- Xtremethings modded ECU (plug and play chip, my attempts to chip didnt work very well xD )

Allready planned what the next paycheck is gona be burned on :D

Either im gona build a loft over my spot in the workshop for storage, or start buing parts for the KLZE shine-up.

Planning to get a set of KSports, but the ones with TUV papers (needed in norway) cost about 1500 USD, so thats 1st pri :P

man that car looks clean. you really need to source a set of american M-edition tails for it though. those euro tails look horrid. lol

I like the single-sided reverse light. Reminds me of the Skyline (and probably any other car not from the US, lol).

Wow, Norway sounds so much worse than California, and I thought that was the hell hole of car modding..

man that car looks clean. you really need to source a set of american M-edition tails for it though. those euro tails look horrid. lol

I have a plan regarding tails (and headlights), but im not sure how it will come through.

Headlights:

img-329562-1-1565342585_ce3dce41c1_o.jpg

Tails:

img-329562-2-Foto-IBULPXEG.jpg

I like the single-sided reverse light. Reminds me of the Skyline (and probably any other car not from the US, lol).

Wow, Norway sounds so much worse than California, and I thought that was the hell hole of car modding..

Isnt cali all about smog? here you need a signature from the pope to change your rims:P

Oh yeah, no pressure bro. I know you can do something like this. Check out that interior, omgg...

http://www.canibeat....black-bmw-335i/

There you have it :D Just not black color but charcoal gray or something.

My 626 and MX6 will probably end up as twins :D Both same almost black color and gold rims :D BBS lemans for the 626 and Mazdasped MS-01S for the MX6

http://site.icbmotorsport.com/Wheels5/Wheel261_BBS_LM_Forged_17X8_45offset_17X9_42offset_L.jpg

http://www.car21fukui.jp/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/dsc05410231026ctfs.jpg

Btw feel very free to say what you think about anything i do... i need the input and if you think its gona be shit just say so :D

The postman came by and dropped of some stuff:

- MX6 tinted chrome rear lights (was supprised how good they looked out of the box, now i just have to find out how to make em look awsome :D)

- MX6 OEM USDM floor mats

- MX6 OEM USDM steeringwheel with airbag. This is going in the 626:)

- MX6 JDM foglights

And stil in transit:

- 626 OEM USDM floormats

- Mazdaspeed MX6 side skirt (only have one side, but will use it to make a replica for the other side :D This is actually an original Mazdaspeed part )

Will get pictures soon :)

Sweet, looks like you got some good ideas floating around in the head of yours. Can't wait to see them become reality.