Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

What This Stop Censorship Thing All About? - Sopa

First let me just say I feel like politics and the discussion board should never come together, under one exception, if some political bill/act will effectively potential hurt or harm mazda626.net. Well if you haven't herd the internet was in an uproar yesterday, over This new SOPA bill, which could effectively kill thousands of major sites from google to mazda626.net in one swoop.

ANY infringing content could get our ip banned from the internet. Now we sure aren't a piracy website but we have ALOT of images, and its quite possible that some of those are potentially infringing. Now I don't know about you all, but I don't have time to sort through 300k and growing posts to hunt down potentially infringing content. Please help keep Mazda626.net alive and send a email to congress asking that they end this foolishness and kill this bill. It takes about 5 seconds. Be sure to ask your friends, and family to as well, this is not a joke.

Check out this video for more info:

This site will never be about politics, this is purely for preserving our great community, and excellent library of knowledge.

The media companies will continue to push into the free net and try to make it more like television. If back then, you could have had your own television channel to broadcast from to say and do what you like would you? They clamped down on the avenue for exhange of ideas. The internet is a radical wrench in their programming "brain washing" efforts. The right to free speech in their eyes is when you are only talking to yourself. Speech is nothing without an audience. They fear new ideology as their huge corporations aren't adaptive enough to move within new paradigms. Simple as that folks. The mere fact that a bill like this was introduced shows how deep their pockets go and that some representatives can be bought like Patrick Lehey.

It is an important piece of legislation that could change the internet as we know it. It is a serious matter. Anyone that owns a website on the internet could be affected by this. Allowing governments, ISP's, or other entities to decide if your site is in line with their doctrine puts all sites at risk.

Just noticed the title of the website is sensored. That's an awesome idea to promote awareness. GJ. Snagged the code and tagged up 2 of my sites.

Yeah its pretty darn scary to be honest for me it shows 2 things.

1) Money buys power, the power to take our freedoms.

2) That politicians age and lack of understanding of tech and the online world we are moving into, is pretty to scary. I mean I have nothing against older people, I believe that people older than myself do have more knowledge, wisdom, and experience hands down. But I think its scary to think that many are untrained and lack understanding in areas they are "representing" us in.

Two connected and very interesting facts,

1) "The average age of a senator is 60 (the oldest ever) and the average age of a member of the House is 55"

2) In 2009 the median age in the US was 36.8 years

But yeah I hope all the members jump on this and send a electronic generated letter. I customized mine a bit, but just sending one is awesome enough.

@prince me too man, they take 20-30% of what I make for going to work every week and miss-manage my monies :(

I wouldn't worry; stupid laws are just that, stupid, and totally unenforceable. They don't have the money or manpower to go scrub the internet.

Someone will just come up with a clever internet service that beams to your house from a satellite in orbit over the ocean, and hosted by some company in a country with less restrictive laws. It will then be argued that the FCC can't regulate it, since it doesn't cross state lines.

img-326791-1-wtf.jpg

Message sent. Thanx for this notice. I prolly wouldn't have known about this until it happens. I hope this gets killed asap.

Ive been on this train for 6 months, maybe even years..i dunno.

i get the email updates from:

http://demandprogress.org/

fantastic site, even better execution. every time a bill or law is getting close to being passed, they get the petition signed and voices heard.

message sent, and i hope this doesnt happen cause it will make my degree field either a) disappear or b) become more difficult to manage. my degree field is telecommunications as a whole and ist (information security technology) the more precise field. so yea im really worried about this.