djdevon3

MyLiftStand

11 posts in this topic

If I had a garage I would totally get a setup like this. Frickin awesome. Keep watching at least till about 20 seconds in, that's when the magic happens.

img-324542-1-mind-blown.jpg

where can i find them, how much are they, and why have i been struggling to do under car work for this long without seeing something like that....

MyLiftStand.com but looks like it's currently under construction or under maintenance mode. The end of the video gives his email address + domain name so you can probably shoot him an email if you're really interested. Pretty neat invention. Wonder if they could work as jack stands too so if you have to do suspension stuff you won't have to switch to jack stands. Then again if you have a jack out it seems like less work to use jack stands right? It's pretty neat either way. Very inventive.

i have some of the same things made out of 8x8 chunks of wood. there pretty nice. but in all truth usually when i jack a car up, the wheels are coming off. so they dont get used that often.

I'd rather get some big chunks of wood like Mono said and cut a V notch in the top for the tire, basically the same thing as this dude made. I'm sure it would be cheaper, and it'll be even stronger.

those are cool and I bet they will take up less storing space that Jack stands..

Dan

Since you can stack them then maybe. Someone needs to find an easy way to stack jack stands. I have 4 on the floor and they take up a lot of room. God forbid if I walk around in the dark and accidentally kick one without shoes on.

i keep my jack stands under one of my shelves on the floor. my problem is the bigger toys, like my two riding mowers, my kayak and shit like that. lol