Mazda 6 Luxury Sport Wheels - 1993 626 Ge Hatch

oh gee. thanks guys, wasnt expecting such a quick response. this forum's sick!

now spacers.. any recommendations?

checked out this site as well. clueless as to what its suppose to show me. you see i love my car, but i don't know a lot about it, or cars in general for that matter. learning though.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=55&diameter=15&wheelwidth=6&offset=38&width2=215&aspect2=45&diameter2=17&wheelwidth2=7&offset2=60&Submit=Submit

Just FYI I ran Mazda 3 5spoke wheels(same wheels as great dane) on a 1999 626 (stock suspension). But because they are thinner wheels (less width that your 7") I got away with it. If your doing 17x7 with a 55mm offset with a drop you'll probably be good with a 20mm spacer. The smaller the spacer the better, (smaller spacer = less rotating mass).

In my opinion its always better to go without spacers and get a correct offset/sized wheel, less parts, less possibility of failure. If your buying spacers to try to get lower cost oem wheels to fit on your car, its not the best way to do it as quality spacers tend to be pricey and will add to your overall expense. Like I said your best bet is to buy correctly fitting wheels, with appropriate offsets, saves you rotating mass, and money.

Also looking back on the Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 5 spoke wheels they are nice and all, but pretty damn heavy IMO, I'd say hunt around for something lighter.

Wheelspacers are often not allowed for track and autocross use for this reason:

I've herd of people losing wheels on roads and highways because of spacers failing, so you are taking a risk by using them.

double_wheel_spacers.png

People will even stack two 25mm wheelspacers ontop of each other which is just insanely stupid, but many go through ridiculous lengths to put nicer shoes on their cars.

post-15320-0-74264700-1318346501.png

My spacers have held up fine since I put them on, and I beat on my suspension all the time.

Stacking two spacers like the picture that you showed is a very stupid and dangerous thing to do, especially when you can get a spacer that thick. But I don't think that I'd buy one that thick in the first place.

i tend to blame the installer on most of those mistakes. mainly cause 95% of the time i watch people install there wheels, they dont use TQ wrench's. there alot more then just a recommendation. specially when it comes to wheels using spacer's.

ive been using small 2-5 spacers on most of my cars even on the stock wheels for years just to get them to line up with the body lines. never had a single issue. and i dont even see how the smaller one's could fail. the larger ones that get bolted on i can understand it being a risk. but ive never ran a set of those either. but i def wouldnt be scared too. i just wouldnt go out, and buy the cheapest set i can find off ebay.

Yeah, I've got a 25/20mm setup front/rear respectively. There's more room in the front. I have the bolt on style, because I think that's a lot better than simply getting longer lugs, as that increases the shearing load on the lugs and has more potential to fail. I got Ichibas, and they weren't cheap, but it's really not something I wanted to cheap out on. A lot of my buddies that even track their cars set their lugs with the impact, and I'm really not okay with that practice. I always use a torque wrench and have never had any problems. And I actually drive my car, too.

You and me both Prince. I won't lie though, I did get my spacers off e-bay, but I've done nothing but drive this car hard mostly since I've put them on (they're the bolt on ones, and they look like good quality too) and I haven't had a problem. I have a friend with a Mustang (yuck!) with the same spacers on the rear of his car, and he's autocrossed all summer with them. No problems at all.