Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

I just performed the upgrade for IPB. It should look similar to before with some minor differences such as the reputation system.

Unfortunately, the hooks (or side bars) that we had before are not compatible. We are in the process of finding a replacement for the latest discussions.

- Mike

There's something different with the theme. It's very close but not quite the same but I can't put my finger on what it is. New/Read topic icons maybe? The little helper icons in forum reply are more cluttered. Do we really need a twitter icon?

The separation lines between topics in category view are too light on LCD's. Too hard to make out so the page almost looks completely white. Having the separator lines easy to see makes browsing topics easier.

#recentajaxcontent li, #idm_categories a, #index_stats .status_list li, #panel_files .file_listing li, #panel_screenshots #ss_linked li, .file_listing, #cart_totals td, div#member_filters li, #files li, .ipsType_sectiontitle, #order_review td, #package_details .package_info, .block_list li, .package_view_top, .member_entry, #help_topics li, .ipsBox_container .ipsType_pagetitle, .userpopup dl, #announcements td, .preview_info, .sideVerticalList li, fieldset.with_subhead ul, .ipsList_data li, .ipsList_withminiphoto li, table.ipb_table td, .store_categories li, #mini_cart li, #index_stats div[id*=statusReply], #ipg_category .ipg_category_row, .block_inner .ipb_table td, .gallery_pane h2, .status_feedback li[id*=statusReply], .ipsSideMenu ul li, #usercp_content .ipsType_subtitle, .ipbfs_login_row, .articles .block-1, .articles .type-1x2x2 .article_row, #idm_category .idm_category_row, #category_list li a, .ipsComment {

border-bottom: 1px solid #E9F0F7;

border-top: 1px solid #FFFFFF;

}

border-bottom: 1px solid #E9F0F7; is way to close in color to white #FFFFFF. Changing that to the light blue found in H3 #95B0CB should do better. Please give that a try.

There's something different with the theme. It's very close but not quite the same but I can't put my finger on what it is.

It's not dark anymore. :( That's the difference.

Also missing the recently updated threads panel off to the side.

The inner content was a light blue I believe. It's just the background and cat titles that were dark. Were you using a different theme? I've always used whatever was the default. I'm sure they are working on getting the latest posts back up and running.

When are we going to get PMX626 search back? :(

Yeah, I was semi-kidding. I've always used the dark theme.

In another note, I've not gotten the email updates. It seems like such a hassle to get everything sorted out, and then once you do, it's already time for an update.

Yeah...same.....I preferred the light text on dark background skin, which doesnt seem to be available anymore.

There is too much white and its burning my eyes!

I mentioned it in another thread, but the dark theme was created by modifying the blue one. It took a lot of effort and unfortunately just as much to maintain it. It doesn't work correctly in this version, so it cannot be used anymore. If you all find a dark theme you like, we may consider purchasing it. I dislike modifying any of the themes because it's difficult to keep your changes intact when you update. I enabled the stock theme which I think is just fine.

NDM changed the nameservers for PMX626.com, but it isn't working. When he gets on later, we'll figure it out.

I noticed I wasn't getting email alerts either and looked at my notification settings. It appears it has changed and gives you more options. Unfortunately, it didn't carry over for replies to Topics. I'll probably end up running a SQL statement to auto enable those.

*EDIT*

It appears I cannot run one. I set the defaults, but that's about all I can do. Apparently the data is not normalized and can't be updated via SQL.

I was able to re-enable (afaik, haven't tested it yet) email notifications under 'My Settings,' and then 'Notification Options.' Too bad it's not auto-enabled, it seems like we might loose some less-frequent visitors if they don't notice.

I definitely agree. One upside to the update is that the email notification finally has the actual post!

I dont want to offend anyone, l as i know how much work it takes to do changes like this, and i appreciate all the admin staff has done..

but man, i really hate this site now.

no dark theme, no email notifications, no sidebars, "notifications bell"...

plz plz plz undo whatever was just done, i was SO happy with how the site was. it was perfect.

no email notifications, no sidebars

I already outlined how to re-enabled the notifications in a post above, and the "New content" button on the upper right of the home page gives you even more content than the old sidebar did. ;)

When it comes to website software, downgrading is almost impossible as new columns and fields will be introduced that must be ripped out of the sql database, some old sql might have been renamed or moved so that has to be undone. It's a nightmare. Can tell you Leev that's most likely not going to happen. The best they can hope to do is revamp the old theme(s) and get the sidebars recoded to replicate the way it was. I'm just starting to get used to the new theme and have adjusted my habits. Now I just click on the most recent topic on the right side of the forum.

Not having the most recent topics sidebar definitely slows me down a bit. Forums aren't as active but we do have new members posting so it's not like the new layout is preventing discussion it's just changed the way most of us were used to operating the site. I hope the admins at least bring that sidebar back. It's sorely missed. The new content feature is inefficient compared to how most people used the old sidebar.

no email notifications, no sidebars

I already outlined how to re-enabled the notifications in a post above

i actually didn't even read that lol, just went in to the settings as soon as i posted and figured everything got unchecked again....rechecked everything like i had to do the last time it was upgraded.

ya i liked the old dark theme, at least the mods admins got something for now to replace the old sidebar, but i agree with everyone that the site is hard to read with the light background on black text, its just too bright

Hey guys, sorry about some of the side effects to certain changes.

Invision Power changes thing dramatically between versions, so it creates alot of issueswith our existing modifications which is a complete pain! Were going to acquire the nicest dark theme we can find over the next week or so. Also were going to work on getting the sidebar back live her soon shortly, it helps keep topics going, which is much more difficult with the absence of that addon.

Were gettin there though, Sorry about the changes, also we HAVE to continue with upgrades. By not being up to date we suffer known security holes that could allow people to more easily our website and cause issues.

Were going to acquire the nicest dark theme we can find over the next week or so.

mucho thanko!

also we should be able to fix pmx626.com tomorrow :) Hang tight. Also I found a nice dark theme for you all, so expect it sometime tomorrow morning.

On another note, recent posts sidebar will hopefully be running by the end of the day tomorrow, I'm contacting our theme designer to see if we can get to the bottom of this!

Thanks for your patience everyone!

dark theme is live, I also left a color picker in the top right corner, so you can tweak it to your own desire. I'll play with the logo a bit more later. But for right now :)

Awesome! Thanks bunches! The first thing I noticed was that the number in the selected page (ie. currently page 2) still has the black overlay, so it doesn't stand out against the blue, but I'm willing to live with that, haha.