Grounding Kits Group Buy

Ok, this is a group buy for a grounding kit from Grounding Kits UK. To recap, prices for a set is $63 (for KL and FS) and free shipping worldwide. Also (according to their website) if we do a group buy, along with discounts on all the kits, the eighth set is free!

Here's the site again: http://www.groundingkits.co.uk/

Xenomorph: If you or one of the other admins wants to moderate this then that's fine by me, I'll let the vendor know when he/she emails me back.

1. djdevon3 (blue) - I4
  2. XeNoMoRpH (blue)- V6

3. njintau_fsd (red) - V6
  • Like 1

Ok the vendor replied to my email, here's a transcript of what he said:

Hi Gowthum,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you, i am actually on holiday as we speak, and thought id better log on & check my e-mails.

Yes I can cater for group buys, no problem at all. Basically the more people who are interested, the more discount I will apply to each kit.

Do you have a number of kits in mind?

I would have to know quantity and what colours everyone would require, so I can check to see if I have enough in stock. If I dont have enough in stock, I will order more cable in, but it will mean a delay while I wait for new stock. I do have quite a bit of stock already, but the most popular colours such as blue & red do go down fast.

Payment terms: I would require payment upfront, once agreed on quantity & discount.

Delivery: I can ship direct to each person (preferred), or I can ship to 1 person, who hands the kits out. But that means trusting 1 person to hand them out, hence why i prefer to ship recorded to each person, then i know they have their bought kit.

If you let me know numbers, possible colours etc. I will give you an idea on discounts/costs etc.

Best regards,

Phil

I guess now's a good time for everyone who's interested to go ahead post what color and for what type of car (including engine) you all want your kits for...

Btw, Xeno, I take it you'll be taking care of the payment part via the mazda626.net paypal account?

Ok the vendor replied to my email, here's a transcript of what he said:

Hi Gowthum,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you, i am actually on holiday as we speak, and thought id better log on & check my e-mails.

Yes I can cater for group buys, no problem at all. Basically the more people who are interested, the more discount I will apply to each kit.

Do you have a number of kits in mind?

I would have to know quantity and what colours everyone would require, so I can check to see if I have enough in stock. If I dont have enough in stock, I will order more cable in, but it will mean a delay while I wait for new stock. I do have quite a bit of stock already, but the most popular colours such as blue & red do go down fast.

Payment terms: I would require payment upfront, once agreed on quantity & discount.

Delivery: I can ship direct to each person (preferred), or I can ship to 1 person, who hands the kits out. But that means trusting 1 person to hand them out, hence why i prefer to ship recorded to each person, then i know they have their bought kit.

If you let me know numbers, possible colours etc. I will give you an idea on discounts/costs etc.

Best regards,

Phil

I guess now's a good time for everyone who's interested to go ahead post what color and for what type of car (including engine) you all want your kits for...

Btw, Xeno, I take it you'll be taking care of the payment part via the mazda626.net paypal account?

Yep were going to pretty much be the intermediary for this bulk buy. We have an official paypal account where the money can be sent, but I'll post the link to the paypal account only after we have a confirmed groupbuy price. We will also back the bulk/group buys so if any problems arise we can take care of it representing the entire group easily, as the final payment will be going from us straight to the business (With a list of everyones shipping addresses engine type, and colors requested).

We will collect address info/payments once we have a full list of signups.

Would be nice if they can include instructions or at least general suggestions. I could do some research online and everything but since this is a major product of theirs it would be nice to see something coming straight from the pro's. This guy builds them buy hand with soldering so I'll assume he knows what he is doing. ;)

As I said before if we don't have enough we could make a multi-site/group by reaching out to all the PMX sites. I know there are some of us registered on some if not all 3 sites. We need better communication for group buys that could be done across the sites. A multi-site group buy forum would be helpful, where it's hosted doesn't matter. That would be nice.

Ah but there was an asterisk next to more HP and Torque and the dude explained in the bottom of the page that all that's happening is that you're reclaiming the HP/Torque lost because of bad grounds and that when the kits installed, you'll feel the difference...

I wouldn't put much stock in that list though. More HP, MPG, and so on from a grounding kit just seems ludicrous.

Hence my usage of the word "supposed" :P

I guess it boils down to how much you want to buy into it. A lot of the claims aren't easily scientifically tested, so at the same time they're pretty hard to prove or disprove, which leads to the grey area of speculation. I like things that are backed up and documented.

Ok so I noticed nobody else has posted if they want a kit or not and what type. Not meaning to sound like a jerk here (really! :P) but I don't wanna drag this along for too long. If any of you guys have made a decision and want one, just post what type of kit you want and I'll put that in the list in the first post.

That is all gentlemen! (and I guess ladies....) :P

And as DJ said, yeah maybe we should get a few ppl from other PMX sites to join in. Idk about probetalk tho cuz I posted the link to this site over there a while ago and they freaked out lol.