Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
djdevon3

Mazda 626 Commercials

In chronological order (will fill in the spaces when we find them). Enjoy.

- "Caapellaaaaaaaaa"

- "Don't you know it's magic."

- "The More you look, the more you like."

1982 India 626

1983 Australian 626 - "Making great cars better."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SquUvBPUlt8

1985 USA 626 - "One refined road car, it's also fun to drive."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnYnsQJUw9Y

1985 USA 626 - "Extra Value Local Mazda Dealers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZWW3NslM4

- "Get your kicks on route 626"

- "The Europeans can't explain how the Japanese offer so much luxury for that price."

Great finds! I noticed in the 87 US commercial that they just have the plain blue block next to "mazda" at the end.

The 96 "Passion for the road" is terrible. I would have been embarrassed to let that air. Maybe it was more "cool" or something back then?

Well different advertising agencies have different levels of creativity. The 96 commercial looks like it's something out the the 80's. It was out of style before it was even aired lol..

I love the 80's. I liked the look and camera work of those commercials much better than the terrible lightning-infused 'editing' in the 96 ad. Ah well. Can't win em all! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWryKScCung

may fav ^

"you don't have to drive it this hard to love it, you just have to drive it"

cue sexy voice

this is the mazda waaaaaay

...the thing that gets me..do you know how many bricks i would shit if that SHOW ROOM perfect mx6 pulled up outside my house?

a brand new 20+ year old car....id be impossibly happy. i would die. then be reborn, touch the car, and die again.

Wow, love the commercials, great find!

I can't help but lol at the pre 80's commercials where they're talking about luxury and all you see is a cassette player! Then again, I'm sure ten years down the line, somebody else is gonna lol at the old 2000 plus car commercials like I am now...

Good freaking LORD, that '88 MX-6 looks un-freaking-believable. Wow...LOVE it!!

Not a commercial, but a nice review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULayBmubA5o

Jeez, the music in this one was turning me on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxgHGY90r4

I just washed my 6 for the first time since I bought it last year and painted it 6 months ago...so I'm on a shiny mazda commercials spree lol.

I want these two unicorns:

4WD? Oh Mazda, you tease me so.

I have a Mazda 626 Commercials playlist on YouTube.  Unfortunately a lot of the accounts hosting those commercials along with the videos are being deleted.  Some are still available and worth watching just to see how they were advertised in the US and other countries of the world.  I'm a fan of the older Capella commercials from Japan.   They had jingles featuring a pretty female Japanese voice.   My favorite has to be the 626 Turbo commercials staring James Garner.  He made a series of 626 commercials and all of them were great.

Devon why don't u download the commercials and save them locally before they're deleted and impossible to find?? Even if u don't post them on YouTube. But just to have them...

I never thought of that.  Figured they would be on youtube for everyone to enjoy.  I have enough to do without having to track down and save old commercials.  I don't have online storage space for something like that anyway.  If someone else could do it that would be nice.  I'm not gonna go out of my way to save those commercials.  If someone else wants to do that it's up to them.

I'll go check out your playlist and maybe start downloading them and saving them locally...then at least they're saved...

I didn't mean to say that you should do that or anything. I know you're in the middle of a million projects. Just was wondering if you'd considered it, seeing as how you seemed concerned that they were slowly being erased...

Not a commercial, but this one kinda stumped me...

1989, clearly looks like a GD, but it's a 4 lug?? The steering wheel says it's the 4WS version as well... 4 lug 4WS?? And whats with the spoiler?

Is the 4 lug hub not compatible with the 5 lug hub?  Aftermarket spoiler?  Hell you know that stuff better than anyone else you should be answering these questions not asking them. :P

I can wrench on them, but I'm not an expert on the history or specifics lol.

The pre 88-92 generation is the GC, uses older 4-lug hubs and has different suspension design and components. I know Chief tool did a 5-lug hub swap on one of his GCs.

The one in the video throws me off with 4 lugs. I didn't know 4WS was available for the GC, and if it wasn't, and only offered on the GD, why does it have 4-lug? Very confusing specimen.