Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
GT_FE3

1989 Telstar Hatch Resto/mod/build Thread.

SP20 Familia/323 gearbox internals fit!

I have to convert driveshafts from 26 to 28 spline. I'd love an M-Factory LSD but its $1500 NZ landed on my doorstep :( $500 for the drive shafts to have all the splines done. $150-450 for the SP20 box. I *might* chance a $150 pick a part one - I'm tight. $650 is good to have this good old beast driving again. If I have time tomorrow I'm looking in the yard.

I could be buying the gearbox tomorrow. I just got new brake pads and a clutch for my CBR. Next week, the gearbox on the TX5!

A Fe 2.0 sohc 12 valve 1988 Telstar GL wagon gave up its gearbox for the TX5 for $100. First 5 speed Mazda or Ford to come along in months! Its a gloss red with gray bumpers lots of paint fade but basically its whats in the pic. Not allowed to take pics or film in the yard which sucks. Steering rack damage sent it to the junk yard.

p-2733-Telstar.jpg

Mazda-626-1.8-1988-1.jpg

Edited by GT_FE3
12 valve power!

This is it in the boot of the Capella. Pizza boxes so the interior doesn't get all greasy, nothing a clean wont fix. Shafts felt solid in the diff, gears easily selected with and without the clutch, no noises when turned. My one clunks, gears don't always select too easy and the shafts feel loose inside the gearbox.

I'll start to take it apart for a look and clean hopefully next week. I worked alone with a 3/8 ratchet set and a vacuum cleaner pipe which helped for leverage. I got nearly every bolt off but needed an extended 17mm socket for the back gearbox mount bracket. Got that off this morning. First real progress for the TX5 in a while! Excuse the pic quality I went a bit too cheap on the action camera. SJ4000 or 5000+ coming soon. I'd like to post my car and bike antics on you tube.

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

In 2 weeks time this gearbox will be going into my car on a Friday.

I was slack last week. Thursday, this gearbox will be taken apart. I want to see if it is good inside. Will have pics! Got a H9R Eken action camera - compares to a go pro hero 4. I've got some mounts coming for it. I'll use the other camera as well.