Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Leev

88-92 Gas Mileage Thread

im just curious what everybody else is seeing.

in this cold weather + enthusiastic driving + vacuum leaks for the last 10 or so miles

i saw 28mpg.

my gauge doesn't work, so when i start to buck i go to station, fill up and click the trip counter.

got 2.56 gallons, got to 71 miles.

cool cool

(yes i did fix the vacuum leaks, cant wait to see how it goes now)

Highway I still see 31-32. Combo - 22. I get better gas mileage than folks at work with newer cars. Someone was bragging about their Civic getting 29MPG highway until I showed them my fuel tracking app. A 23 year old heavier 2.2L 4 cylinder...........

I think its 12 gallons.

So that's 16.6 mpg. Yea that's pretty low.

i'm seeing on autozone that the replacement tanks they sell for my model are 16 gallons, i know the probe has a 15.9. i thought it was a 16 gallon, could be wrong. either way its pretty horrible gas mileage.

i did just fill my tank from what appeared to be just above the e and only 11 and some gallons went in. the fuel light never went on though, could i have had 4 more gallons in there? ha

I do a daily combo of highway/suburban driving and I'm getting 22 when the tranny is in Power mode, and about 24 average in Economy mode.

What do you mean by power mode and economy mode? I have a 1996 es auto and it does not have anything like that.

Just to clarify, you CANNOT accurately compute your fuel economy by seeing how many miles you drove on "a tank," and then dividing by how many gallons your tank can hold.

Unless you ran your car until the tank was bone dry, you will still have like 3 or 4 gallons of fuel in there when your needle is on the E. This is a fact.

The most accurate way to determine fuel economy is to fill your tank up [until the pump cuts off] reset the trip meter, and go driving. Next time you go to the gas station, fill up to the top again, and look at the pump to see how many gallons actually went in.

Then, take the mileage on your trip meter, and divide by the number of gallons that actually went in.

For the past two months, I was getting about 25-26 miles to the gallon with 87 octane, obviously with the winter blend fuel. So I switched out to 85 octane to see if it would improve, it did slightly to 27 MPG. Now I'm back on 87 and getting my correct 28 MPG in cold weather.

In the summer, I can pull off 32 or 33 MPG.

On my second road trip last year driving through Nevada, I LITERALLY got 36ish MPG! Aw yeah!

Now with the AC working, in ECON mode in mixed driving I averaged about 29.3 miles per gallon. Kind of sad compared to my usual 31-33 but I'll take that over sweating my behind off.

A few friends and I went to Lake Tahoe and San Francisco this past August and even with four people in the car, AC running, and the trunk packed full of camping gear and luggage, pulled off about 26-27 miles to the gallon. That is damned impressive especially considering all the hardcore mountain driving.