Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lifewontwait

Mx6/ 626 Interchangeability

i know 2 gen stuff will interchange but not sure about yours. maybe do a bit of searching using pmx626 at top right of page.

im gonna say no to both your questions. i think i heard the 2.0 sohc found in the pre 88 cars had a different exhaust bolt pattern. but not 100% sure.

No, the exhaust flange pattern is the same on the 8 valve and 12 valve heads.

The extra deck height of the F2 compared to the FE may require some modification to the header to make it fit nicely tho.

And no the calipers dont fit. I did a complete strut/hub/brake/driveshaft swap from the GD to GC but its not worth doing to save yourself the effort of rebuilding some calipers. I did it for other reasons.

^

i assume for the 5 lug?

and thanks for clarifying that man. i was kinda hoping you would pop in for that question. since you know the old FE's better then anyone on the mazda forums. are there intake manifold bolt pattern's different on them then the f2's?

yeah manly for the 5 stud hubs and relative ease of brake upgrades. Plus GC shocks are becoming hard to get here.

The intake side of things is waaaay different, the F2 pattern is probably close to that of the FE3, it bares no resemblance at all to the 12v.

This a dummy motor I built when I was doing my turbo upgrade so I could build the down pipe, its a F2 block plus 8 valve 929 head :

img-309688-1-dummyengine.jpg

And there is the same motor with the F2T manifold and turbo :

img-309688-2-dummyengineplusVF34_1.jpg