its_ray_ray

Replacing Fuel Pump?

9 posts in this topic

I'm needing to replace the fuel pump in my 99 lx auto and was wondering if aanyone can give me some tips or a copy of the page for fuel pump instalation/removal from a manual for the car. i found a copy of a manual online that was suposed to be for it. but in the manual it says go under the backseat and i pushed the clips and to my surprise there is no panel. so i'm assuning i need to drop the tank after removing the three brackets? can anyone elaborate on this? or give tips or picctures would be amazing.

I've been searching the forums quite a bit for help with this and went i came up dry i made this thread.

i found threads where ppl are asking if their fuel pump is bad but nothing saying how to replaccce or anything of the sort. i'm a avid user of forums like this and i know a new thread is bandwdth and bandwidth = money lol

Well i went to the srap yard and everything went great except for one bolt. lol. i unbolted the bracing for the tank. which pretty much releases the shielding. the one bolt inparticular that got me was on the passenger's side. it was like a 2-3 in. threading rod type bolt. a nut on each side. i found it pretty dificult to get both side seeing there is not much clearance from the bolt and the body of the car. after i got it off the tank was able to ccome straight down. the pump and sender was held in by about 6 screws. i'm having dificulty getting the 2 hoses and the connector from the pump.

anyone have any suggestions or know how to get them off?

Well i found out how to remove the hoses. all i am needing to do is use a small flathead sccrew driver to pussh up the little clamps on the line.