itsamecameron

Klde Vs Klg4 Vs Klze

92 posts in this topic

The aftermarket downpipe is straight.  The factory downpipe has a large bend/hump in order to get by a cross-beam.  Therefore the aftermarket downpipe must be bent quite a bit in order for it to even come close to working.

Does anyone have a photo or a way i could tell which variation I have? Straight or curved?

If you are asking what the difference looks like on a straight neck vs curved neck then here's a photo. 

klzestyle.jpg

Also do not confuse a KLDE or KLG4 with a KLZE manifold.  They all look very similar.  The ZE neck has a much longer straight neck.

IMG_4900.jpg

ZE long straight neck

im0yq.jpg

However you cannot identify an engine simply by looking at the intake manifold.  You must look at the stamps on the heads.

KLZE = KL31-101 & KL31-1A1

KLDE = KL-101 & KL-1A1

KL31-101.jpg

Yes there are people that have sold ZE heads with DE cams.  Do more research if you plan on purchasing a DE or ZE and know what to look for.  There are plenty of topics on MX6.com and ProbeTalk about ZE identification and avoiding scams.

On 7.2.2015 at 4:25 AM, djdevon3 said:

Glad you enjoy my videos.  Hope you find them more educational than entertaining. :)

I enjoy them too ;)

Here is my first Video about our last Car meet in Germany 2017. I hope you enjoy it too! :D
Mazda + BMW Meet 2017

3 hours ago, Zatscha said:

I enjoy them too ;)

Here is my first Video about our last Car meet in Germany 2017. I hope you enjoy it too! :D
Mazda + BMW Meet 2017

The BMW at 1.13, how can it have the exact same license plate as another car? :O

48 minutes ago, FIS said:

The BMW at 1.13, how can it have the exact same license plate as another car? :O

It can't, it is the Same car ;-) 

By the way, the car you mean with waf-vv-88 is the car from Drachenflug, an old member of this forum i think. He drove the Black 626 with the Red Star on the filler cap. :-) 

wp8510f245_05_06.jpg

Yes that's Drachenflug's 626, but how the hell can a BMW use the same license plates as a 626? Unless he put them on just to drive it, in which case it's illegal O.o

3 hours ago, FIS said:

Yes that's Drachenflug's 626, but how the hell can a BMW use the same license plates as a 626? Unless he put them on just to drive it, in which case it's illegal O.o

He doesn't drive the 626 anymore. He registered his New car, the BMW, with his old license plates. the 626 was Sold long time ago. But in case you want to drive two cars with one license plate, we have some special for that. :-D 

Ahh, so you are allowed to reuse old registration numbers for another car there, it's not stuck with that car forever? :P in that case I get it :)