Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Bigjames02

Cleaning Maf

I need to clean my MAF on my car, and I remember how to do it. I just dont remember what can type of spray can be used. So, other the the obvious "maf cleaner" spray, what can be used?

I believe you can use brake cleaner.

I need to clean my MAF on my car, and I remember how to do it. I just dont remember what can type of spray can be used. So, other the the obvious "maf cleaner" spray, what can be used?

Carb cleaner leaves an oil film [it's meant to lubricate throttle plates, etc.], so I don't recommend it. That oil will end up being a magnet for dirt and crap that flows by.

Ok i'll just go pick up some maf or electrical cleaner and go from there. By the way, what happened to the how-to guide? I searched for it and its not there anymore. I have a link to a probetalk tutorial but i'm not sure if it can be posted here.

Ok i'll just go pick up some maf or electrical cleaner and go from there. By the way, what happened to the how-to guide? I searched for it and its not there anymore. I have a link to a probetalk tutorial but i'm not sure if it can be posted here.

See MazRedMan's post #5 here for links:

http://www.mazda626.net/topic/36547-what-is-wrong-with-my-car/page__p__296160__hl__mazredman__fromsearch__1entry296160

Ah ok, I'll use those as general guides.

Snailman, can the MAF and IAC how to be put in the how-to section for easier finding for newer(and older members who are forgetful like me).