Leev

Pacesetter Header (88-92)

9 posts in this topic

pacesetter header kit for the 88-92 probe, 626, mx6.

pacesetter part no. 70-1060

list price: 239.00

ebay or other means of availability price: 200-110$

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/pricing.php

-------

i paid 130 for mine, install was prolly a couple hours, mostly cause i heat wrapped mine.

img-296391-1-0717081406.jpg

img-296391-2-0717081406a.jpg

-------

performance gains, are you kidding? of course!

the exit of the collector is 2.5, i reduced it to 2.25, then a glass pack, then back to the gas tank, flex pipe to a cheapo 2.25 sleeper muffler.

to realy get all you paid for out of this buy, make sure to have a equally thought out, AFTER the header exhaust system.

rating, heres where it gets tricky, for the parts, and performance, id give it a 10/10, but in my case, maybe it was just the parts i got, but the fitment from the collector to the header is HORRIBLE, huge exhaust leak, still is, i dont know what to do there..

huge exhaust leak, i dont know what to do there..

Duct tape

you know i thought about it alot..

it just wouldn't stand up to the heat obviously.

cant get a metal clamp around the crack either.

how could you give it a 10 out of 10 when fitment is crap? lol

im still waiting to find a good deal on one. need one for the beater n/a. just ordered a fidanza flywheel for it though. smile.gif

The crappy muffler shop I went to ended up smearing some kind of putty on a pin hole I had. I don't know if it would work for a bigger gap. They said it gets harder/stronger with heat, but not to rev it up until it had dried for a few minutes.

how could you give it a 10 out of 10 when fitment is crap? lol

performance gains.

i can prolly fix the leak. i just dont feel like taking the header off...again..

fitment be damned. i know ill still buy one sooner or later. not hard to tweak something if need be. plus its not like i could find an old hot shot manifold or anything anymore.

old hot shot manifold or anything anymore.

heard about that one..

also tried searchin for a nissan altima header (for the gfs car haha), came up as a hotshot, then i found out they went out of business or sumthing..

Hey leev, do you still have this header? Ive been looking everywhere and can't seem to find one for sale.  I'll buy it :)