Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

93+ High Mileage Thread

I bought my '97 in 2010 with 160k loved the car! quickly put 40k on it unfortunitly totaled it near the end of summer 2011. First thing i did was go out and bought another one this ones a '96 mtx with about 50k less miles immeditly swap over all the performance parts and more!!! gotta love the ge bodylines & character

Got a 94 lx mtx 4cyl. Grandom bought it new in 94 and passed it down to me. Has alot of sentameyal value to me as i grew up riding in this car. The same year my mom bought the v6 mtx with the gold package. Grandma got the gold package too but the gold is totally gone :(.It's got 220,000 miles on it. Been real good to me even with the way I drive I.e. 80 on the highway. Taking it over 5000 rpm. I think the rings are bad. Taping in the top of the engine. Sounds like a lifter. Burns oil and about to replace I right front lower control arm bushing cause it's eatin up my brand new falkens. Other than that it's been thru hell and back. Paint is very clean. Scratches here and there. No rust due to being in ga. I love this car. Light bulbs have been going out randomly recently. I drive it everyday and have been when she passed it down at 175,000 miles. And I drive it spiritedly. Looking to purchase a v6 mtx down the road and have the 2l as my project car. And once its done have the v6 as a project. I love the looks and base performance of the car. I prefer it over honda or Toyota ...

Bought my 2001 ES V6 ATX new. It now has 129,000 miles, looks and runs great.

No major repairs. Replaced the timing belt once. Replaced both valve cover gaskets once.

Changed the oil over 3,000-4,000 miles.

Changed the ATX Fluid every 25,000-30,000 miles.

Drain and filled the coolant every 25,000-30,000 miles.

Has a very minor rear main seal leak right now. Not bad enough to fix it yet:)

I have a 1993 Mazda 626 LX (4 cylinder). 5-speed I bought it it 6 months ago from my uncle who had serviced the car since it had 50k on it.

The car had 318,000 miles on when I bought it.

It makes a popping noise when turning....he said they had tried to make it go away several times but it just keeps coming back? Does not effect driving performance, only notice it when making really sharp turns or pulling out of driveway type situations.

AC has went out. I think it is the compressor but I have not got it checked on yet. Fall is here so I will put that problem off until March or so (I am in NC).

My front lower arm controls on both sides have worn out. I am getting them replaced Monday. Parts plus labor plus alignment will be around $200. Hopefully this will keep it from eating tires like it did the first set I had.

Overall, the car runs great. Starts a bit "rough". It kind of "thumps" one hard time as it turns on. Amazingly, the car does not use any oil that I have noticed. I have went 5k between oil changes, no issues. All controls inside work, sunroof, ect.

The inside is in great shape. I am the 3rd owner, my uncle is big on maintence so I am sure the car has been well maintained which allowed it to make it this far. I am sure I will have some other minor issues, but as far as the way the actual engine runs.....I honestly think it will take me quite abit further!

Currently has 330,000 miles (I might have to take a pic when it hits 333,333).

I'm at 218k right now on my 95 V6 MTX. It won't make it to 318k on this engine thanks to previous owners not maintaining the car correctly. Best thing I can do is keep up as best as I can and save for a new engine. Still pulls to 7700rpm though.

Just turned 247k on my 94' with original tranny and engine.  Hold light will come on flashing if I do too much stop and go traffic, but I easily reset the ecm and it goes away.   Otherwise it leaks a little of every fluid it can and the paint on the hood, roof, and trunk is pretty much burnt away.  I just put new tires on it and will keep driving it until it drives no more!  I bought it 6 years ago for $400 and all I've done is brakes, tires, battery, and a pully.  Cannot complain one bit!