Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

88-92 High Mileage Thread

It all started way back when.

Now most 626s have accumulated quite some mileage especially our 88-92 fellas.

So, this thread is created for those that have racked up those miles!

How many miles have you driven so far?

Any major problems?

Enlighten us!

My daily beater 89 lx is about 200 miles from hitting 250K. Original motor and trans. But headgasket, and everything bolted to the motor has been replaced. Cant remember the other 2 cars off hand. 200k is nothing for a 2.2.

89 mazda mx6

179,8XX

block internals oem

cylinderhead and gasket oem

pumps and pulleys, oem

clutch, oem (going out)

since IVE owned it, not a single mechanical failure.

mono you couldnt be more right..

Hello all:

I have owned 2 different 626, the first one (1991) purchased from a salvage lot and rebuilt in 2005. Excellent car, with 220K km. when the restoration was finished, someone stole it.

The second one (1988) I currently own, with 288K km. and the restoration is well under way. I recently changed the clutch kit, suspension, and all wiring. Paint job and new rims will be taken care of in the next 90 days, updates coming soon.

This is the best car ever, very reliable and fun to drive. If someone has a 2.2 engine, models 88-92 for sale, I'd be willing to purchase and import it to my country.

Cheers

Mazda 626LX.jpg

Mazda MX-6.JPG

post-27157-12675744968238_thumb.jpg

post-27157-1267574614339_thumb.jpg

boy there must not be a lot of older gen's here...my car is a 1990 626LX that I purchased last week, it was owned and garage kept by an elderly lady who recently passed, in excellent shape with a cool 96,000 miles on it and hopefully many many more to come!