Yeah it was all good....the valve timing was out, one tooth retarded.

But....the marks lined up perfectly, I vaguely remembered there was a problem from last time I changed the timing belt....my gut feeling was correct, the car felt like the valve timing was wrong.

I'll post some pics once I finish sorting out the other minor issues.

I cant believe it tho, that the factory marks result in one tooth (about 10 degrees retarded cam)...the result is that it idles fine but has no torque at all below 3k rpm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a tiny piece, as a far as I am concerned you can have it for free as I was doing nothing with it.

As for shipping, give me you address and I'll get you a price. It'd be air mail in a small padded bag I expect. I assume you dont need the rod, just the piece circled.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I got the part from Mr Tool and put the box back up, but wait..... I made a big ass boo boo, i started the car with out the axles in forgetting that the spider gears rotate, long story short one of the gears came out the back of the box, pulling it out to see if the box can be welded.... I'm having a string of bad luck

• 1 year later...

hey guys ive got a fully standard mazda 626 2l turbo  im wanting to change intake install a bov and intercooler and want to put coilovers on it but dont know what coil overs will fit?i dont know much about these but i do know they a very rare its only one ive ever seen in this country so far..help!!! 

post-33243-0-49784000-1397598546_thumb.j

post-33243-0-97997400-1397598553.jpg

post-33243-0-30441600-1397598559.jpg

post-33243-0-84707600-1397598567_thumb.j

post-33243-0-97503800-1397598576_thumb.j

I'd say it was a grey import from Japan.

I notice the alternator & A/C compressor including the bracket are from a series I car.

As far as intercoolers & BOVs go, you'll need to do custom plumbing. Coilovers - your pretty much on your own there too. I've not tried to get any though, There might be some available with a bit of googling. I put GD suspension and hubs onto mine.

• 3 weeks later...

GC's turbo is a vj8 ihi rhb5 aus and most eu/jap spec for cfi, i assume it would be the same in US, I should know i have three stock GC turbo's and mani's coming from the ford version and the mazda versions., they are oil and water cooled, GD is a vj11 for stock here, also oil/water cooled.

Yea i was refering to the turbo only, cfi was only here in au nz and jap, maybe your front cut import was only in japan with the vj4, or on the 323 maybe, anywhere with cooler wheather i imagine tho,.. ive never ever seen or heard of anything else but a vj8 in the majority of GC's here in australia anyway, unless they was replaced or modded, honestly i assume the vj8 would of been the better turbo being water cooled and oil cooled, next inline again i assume would be the vj11, if mine wasnt also water cooled and just oil cooled i would have to clear the coking from my oil lines like everyday, if u get the inner housing with the oil and water lines its possible you could rig up a combo turbo to suit perhaps.

hey guys ive got a fully standard mazda 626 2l turbo  im wanting to change intake install a bov and intercooler and want to put coilovers on it but dont know what coil overs will fit?i dont know much about these but i do know they a very rare its only one ive ever seen in this country so far..help!!! 

Very nice to see another GC, what country are you in? your plates look european, the rear spoiler/wing i have seen on the ford tx5, so im just curious is all.