Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
blackshine007

626 Ze Vs Gen Ii Rx7 6 Port N/a

I'm always intrigued about who has heard what about my 6 and who wants to try me on for size. I hear new things all the time. The most recent one was that I was spraying, but that's another story. I'll tell you about this one for now.....

I had received an email from a guy off another local car site stating that he wanted to run me and he heard it was pretty quick. I told him I was gonna head up on his side of town to a meet and that he could meet me there. I called up 626 member Learn and tell him to come out. I get there and I popped my hood and changed out my "filter" for the ram air which is essentially an piece of synthetic material that just so happen to resemble dryer softener sheets. I show the guy in the RX7 that I'm not spraying and I give him the light so he could look around for himself. We talk for a moment and we go take a look at his car.

It's nice to know you're moving on to bigger prey. I'm expecting a Skyline GTS-t kill story before too much longer.

What was your 60' time when you ran that 14.5?

It's nice to know you're moving on to bigger prey. I'm expecting a Skyline GTS-t kill story before too much longer.

What was your 60' time when you ran that 14.5?

LOL..... I haven't seen one around here but if I run one, I'll tell ya'll about it.

2.234 was the 60'

img-291618-1-time-slips.jpg

That's what I thought. Almost every pass I've read about in a KL powered car has had a 60' time of 2 seconds or more. Even the guy down in West Palm that ran the 13.7 in his MX-6 had a 1.9 60' time. If you could sort out the launch on your car and still have the gobs of top end pull, you'd be in the high 13s, easy.

I was reading that some of the MS3 guys launch in second gear because they've got so much torque down low, but that's not a KL. I wonder if that would help? I can't imagine all of the stress that occurs at that point.

It seems like it's hard enough to get a solid launch in first gear if you have a decent set of tires or slicks on the front. It's like KL powered cars are plagued by weak launches, and the G-series transmission's tendency to break doesn't help. Of course this is all gathered from what I've seen and read about, but never experienced at an actual track, so someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: This makes 1,000 posts...and it only took me six years and some change.

I remember that guy. When Blackshine and I looked under his hood he was telling use everything he had gotten done to it. lololololololololololololololol his mods=waste of time=lost money=his speech i half listened to.

I remember that guy. When Blackshine and I looked under his hood he was telling use everything he had gotten done to it. lololololololololololololololol his mods=waste of time=lost money=his speech i half listened to.

Believe it or not, those mods made it quicker than stock. If that tells you anything..... But seriously, I don't think he should've tied open his intake doors because it was hurting his bottom end. I still believe that you should've been there to run him. I wish I had the video cam too..... oh well.

Believe it or not, those mods made it quicker than stock. If that tells you anything..... But seriously, I don't think he should've tied open his intake doors because it was hurting his bottom end. I still believe that you should've been there to run him. I wish I had the video cam too..... oh well.

I know all that made it faster than stock. It just seemed to me he had that feelin he would put a stomping super duper bad. I guess i should have ran too but, i only have a cold air intake lol you know that....though to see where i stand yeah lol.

I wouldn't mind running him after we get the headers done...btw flex pipe comes in in 2-4 days so it should be in by this thursday. Cant wait to see what the car is going to sounds like XP

You think your cool racing all these cars :rolleyes: ......When are u gona go megasquirt i know your freaky KL still has some more ponies in it

You think your cool racing all these cars :rolleyes: ......When are u gona go megasquirt i know your freaky KL still has some more ponies in it

What up Pat! I bought it and I said that I wasn't gonna install it until after my birthday or at least after the car has passed emissions for the year. And I also said that I wasn't gonna hook it up until after my buddy's Volvo is running again. I paid $200 for the damn thing and it seems like it's just wasting away. I don't want that to happen....