Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
brumby

Fuel Saving Chip

I don't remember exactly, but I've believe there was a post about something like this some time ago. And there were a few people who tried such type of chips that really didn't do as it said it did.

I've never try any type of chipping on mine or anyone I know car. You can give it a try & see if it really works. What they say you get seems a little bit etchy. But as long as you can return it if you use it, give it a try if you wish.

It's kind of like that fuel tornado thing that you put in the air intake tube in front of the throttle. That's suppose to increase MPG & horse power a bit. Or maybe it was just MPG. You can go to any auto store & get it. Try the thing out for a week & see if it does, if not, you have at least 30 days to return it or less. Depending on the store return policy.

Cooler air into the vehicle would increase mpg a bit, so an cold air intake system you might want to look at. You can do an intercooler, but...You'll need to do a lot more mods for that to work.

There is a device out that you hook up to the fuel line that increases MPG a good bit. Don't remember the name of it. But saw a show where they were testing it & it was verified that it does work. Not cheap. Think it ran somewhere between 100.00-300.00 dollors.

Does anybody know anything about this chip? http://www.amazon.com/SLR-MOTORSPORTS-SAVER-MAZDA-1990-2002/dp/B001NPOL0G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1252601292&sr=8-3

It looks good to me, but I never have done anything with chips. So advice, alternatives (not expensive) would be nice.

don't buy it. it will mess up your car and have it running worse than what it is. somebody brought this up like 9 months ago. if you want more power out of this car, you're going to have to go turbo I4 or klze v6. bolt ons hardly do crap with these cars.

Yeah, I bought one and it was just a resistor in a plastic case. It was advertised as "chip" which a resistor is not. It is all BS.

There is a device out that you hook up to the fuel line that increases MPG a good bit. Don't remember the name of it. But saw a show where they were testing it & it was verified that it does work. Not cheap. Think it ran somewhere between 100.00-300.00 dollors.

I think what you're talking about is the "fuel filter" or something, I forget what it was called, also, but I did read about that. After looking into it more, because it seemed too good to be true, apparently all it was was some zinc pellets. There is a different varient of the product and you just take the little pellets and drop them in your gas tank, and *poof*. The other version was a little capsule of them that went in series with the fuel line. It had the same stuff in it.

I forget how the chemistry works, but appanretly the zinc "restores" the octane of your gas, supposedly getting you better milage. I've heard that you get more mileage with higher octane, but haven't tried it myself. This product was more for preserving fuel, if you have a few bottles of it for your lawn mower or motorcycle and they sit all winter, they will lose a bit of octane, and you can use the product to supposedly restore the octane and maybe even boost it.

I sure don't think it's worth how much they wanted for it.

As for the performance chip, I've heard they are total junk. You can buy that same resistor at RadioShak for 5 cents.

We had some guy come around here I think earlier this year or last offering us a chance to sale a product that will increase mpg between 30-50 precent. It was some kind of round hard chemical that you put in the gas tank once a month I believe. But you had to pay 100.00 to get the starting kit to start saling it. Sounded good to do & maybe would of if only they gave out a few of them for free to test the damn product first to see if it actually worked.

hi. I dont know if this chip, though I have heard of other gadgets that promise that will give the rides more fuel power and efficiency at the same time. One of the products that caught my eye is the tornado performance booster, though I haven't considered buying one yet.

hi. I dont know if this chip, though I have heard of other gadgets that promise that will give the rides more fuel power and efficiency at the same time. One of the products that caught my eye is the tornado performance booster, though I haven't considered buying one yet.

Yeah....don't.

yea. search around google. those tornado's have been proven to actually hurt gas mileage when tested by anyone but the company making them. total gimmick.