Working My Car.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I disagree with the statement that it won't fix a bad or broken mount. 2 of the mounts in my car I completely gutted [cut out/scraped out ALL of the rubber, as they were in really bad shape and broke

Nope, it's not chrome. It's the grey back that it had behind it all along. I thought about putting it back on without that piece, but changed my mind. I like it like that though.

The emblem wasn't too hard to get off. It's held on with clips. The chrome hood piece is bolted on.

• 1 year later...

Alright boys! Time to revive this thread. It's been in storage too long. I've done some small things to the 626, and I'll be updating everybody on them soon. Also about to do some work to the wife's car, so I'll be posting that in another thread.

Wow! I just saw that my last mod post was in Oct. of '09. Well, let's get this revived by first giving you all the back story on what's been happening with the car.

I joined a Mazda club in late '09, and while on those drives, my small mid/high amp would get hot and go into protection mode. Not good at all! So I upgraded it to a 70w x 4 Power Acoustik SL4-680 amp. What's funny is that I was gonna use this amp in the car before, and had bought one, but then changed my mind and sold it to a friend. That was crazy on my part. I found this one brand new on E-Bay, and switched them out.

img-309507-1-AmpandUSBinstall003.jpg

I also decided that after getting a taste of what it would be like to have usb in the car (my Prelude had a JVC head unit with one built in when I bought it) that it was time for me to upgrade the '6 to it. My Pioneer head unit required me to have to get a little black box to make this work, so I got two of them (I added usb to my S-10 too). I still have the 12-disc changer in the trunk, but of course, now I don't use it much. It's great to be able to hook up a flash drive and have 650 or more songs at my disposal, and I LOVE it!

img-309507-2-AmpandUSBinstall002.jpg

img-309507-3-AmpandUSBinstall001.jpg

The next month I drove to Nashville for Import Alliance. Here's some pics of the car on the track.

img-309507-4-Ravenonturn3atheNashvilleSpeedwayIm.jpg

img-309507-5-Ravenonturn3atheNashvilleSpeedwa-1.jpg

img-309507-6-Ravenonturn3atheNashvilleSpeedwa-2.jpg

I tried to avoid a ladder that fell off a truck on I-64 in Sept. I got the side of it. It didn't make any contact with the car, but one of the jagged edges caught my tire. I put two of the stocks off the wife's '02 on it until I got the new tires, which I needed anyway.

img-309507-7-Ravenwithstocksonthefront002.jpg

img-309507-8-Ravenwithstocksonthefront001.jpg

I made that intake for my car, but I wanted to add a tube to the front to make it cold air. Well, it just so happened that the wife bought an E-Bay intake for her '91 Prelude (the intake's for a '94 Integra). It had enough tubing to make a cold air, but she didn't need it all, so I used it. After finally getting some hose couplers, I made the second part of my intake. And WALLA! Homemade CAI! And I noticed a little bit of a difference too, because I wasn't sucking hot engine air into the intake track.

img-309508-1-Coldairpipe002.jpg

img-309508-2-Coldairpipe003.jpg

After alot of prodding from my Mazda club buddies, I finally broke down and placed an order with DDM for some 3000k H.I.D.'s for my fogs. Much brighter now. I should've done this along time ago, and I know it.

img-309508-3-RavensHIDfoglights001.jpg

img-309508-4-RavensHIDfoglights002.jpg

Later on in the month, I was coming home from Pull-A-Part and my clutch pedal hits the floor with the car in gear. DAMN! This isn't good at all! I used my roadside assistance with AT&T and got it towed home (I don't live far from where it was picked up). I took these pics.

img-309508-5-Ravenonaflatbedaftertheclutchmastercylinderwentout002.jpg

img-309508-6-Ravenonaflatbedaftertheclutchmastercylinderwentout001.jpg

img-309508-7-Ravenonaflatbedaftertheclutchmastercylinderwentout003.jpg

img-309508-8-Ravenonaflatbedaftertheclutchmastercylinderwentout003.jpg

The next day, I replaced the clutch master and slave, and then bled the whole thing. I could get it to go into gear, but just barely, and I had to take the top of my foot to push the pedal back up from the floor. Felt like the pressure plate was out, so I ordered this clutch from Horsepowerfreaks.com and got this Spec Stage 1 clutch.

img-309508-9-NewSpecStage1clutch.jpg

Well, the clutch was bad, but the it was because the clutch fork pivot ball had broke. All of that caused by a $12.00 part. Everything's good now though, and I love my new clutch.

I've also replaced my dash lights, interior lights, side markers, and CMSL with L.E.D. bulbs. I'll get some pics and post them up.

More mods to come!!!

great pics man. love the ones on the track. did you repaint that drivers side fender? it looks a little duller then the rest of the car.

and your wheels really make me rethink if i want to put my rx8's on my mazda6. or if i should say screw it, and use those on the 626 instead. lol

IIRC he did repaint several parts of his car, and from the pics it was slightly noticeable, but only because I knew about it. Also, he's got 3 wheels on the 626. Imo 18's look out of place on a 626.

Nice updates, Great Dane! If you don't mind I'm interested to hear how your crazy sound system sounds at a future meet.

A bit off topic, but I heard there's no Mazdafest for 2011. Does anyone have more details on that?

i know he has the 17in mazda3 wheels. i was just saying that cause the design fits the car so well. and there pretty much the exact same as the rx8 wheels. just smaller.

and yes, there is not going to be a mazdafest this year. the organizers decided to just combine it with some other meet in ohio, and not bother having a actual mazdafest this year. ill probably go to BAMM instead. which is also held in indy every year. and is like 3 days long. it stands for the 'big ass mazda meet'. lol

IIRC he did repaint several parts of his car, and from the pics it was slightly noticeable, but only because I knew about it. Also, he's got 3 wheels on the 626. Imo 18's look out of place on a 626.

Nice updates, Great Dane! If you don't mind I'm interested to hear how your crazy sound system sounds at a future meet.

A bit off topic, but I heard there's no Mazdafest for 2011. Does anyone have more details on that?

Thanks! I'll have to let you check out the system one day. I do hope that we meet soon, because I'd like to see your car in person, and get some pics of them together.

i know he has the 17in mazda3 wheels. i was just saying that cause the design fits the car so well. and there pretty much the exact same as the rx8 wheels. just smaller.

and yes, there is not going to be a mazdafest this year. the organizers decided to just combine it with some other meet in ohio, and not bother having a actual mazdafest this year. ill probably go to BAMM instead. which is also held in indy every year. and is like 3 days long. it stands for the 'big ass mazda meet'. lol

Keep me posted on when BAMM is. I'd like to go.

Anyway, yep, I painted a couple of spots on my car. Go back to the beginning of this thread and check it out. I've done quite a bit of work to this car, and I'm not even done yet. Seems like when I think that I can't do anything more to it, I find something else that I want for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. That's true.

Well fellas, I've been buying some things for it lately, so be on the lookout. I'm about to add to the Countour swaybar thread too, because we just got one for my wife's 626.

What are you going to use for endlinks? The Altima ones were just a weak as our stock ones, from what I've heard, and I called the dealer about the FC links and they were close to 100$ each... I might just end up getting the adjustable Racing Beat end links for the FC.