Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Learn

Bullet Proofing A Kl?

I see many peoples post and most of them i feel seem to have experience and i was wondering if sumone one this forum could tell me if it is possible to bullet proof a KL engine. If so what needs to be done and if not why can't it be done?

What's your intent to want to bullet proof the KL?

Part of the purpose is performance, another part is curiosity, and the last part is knowing that the engine is powerful and reliable for many years to come. I would like to just have a really strong running engine.

There's an equation to what you want.

fast + reliable = not cheap

fast + cheap = not reliable

reliable + cheap = not fast

n/a or boost?

There's an equation to what you want.

fast + reliable = not cheap

fast + cheap = not reliable

reliable + cheap = not fast

n/a or boost?

I was thinking more of the equation fast + reliable = not cheap

I have been having a hard time deciding between naturally aspirated or boos (turbo) but i think i will go with n/a cuz if i can get enough hp form n/a it wont matter if its boosted i dont think since it works only in a certain rpm range depending how its set. I would assume if a n/a engines hp is greater than a engine hp with turbo the n/a engine might be better at that point. I dont know how much hp it needs but also im not lookin for extremely fast car with boost. I really want to see how much hp i can get goin n/a.

btw i noticed you live in atlant ga? I live in Lawrenceville, GA (mtero area)

Well, don't set the bar too high as it just won't happen. Blackshine found a guy that is considering to design new headers for our engine, but we need more people interested. As for everything else, you can only do so much right now. The best thing you can do is swap parts from the KLZE over to the KLDE (if that's what you have).

Maybe someone can answer this, but did the 5th generation Capella in Japan come with the KLZE?

Well, don't set the bar too high as it just won't happen. Blackshine found a guy that is considering to design new headers for our engine, but we need more people interested. As for everything else, you can only do so much right now. The best thing you can do is swap parts from the KLZE over to the KLDE (if that's what you have).

Maybe someone can answer this, but did the 5th generation Capella in Japan come with the KLZE?

Sounds to me your pretty much saying that its not possible at this point. Why not?

Btw i look up whether the 5th generation had a KLZE. It has a KL so i would guess it has the ZE. make no sense to have a DE in japan lol.

The capella wagon had the KLZE with awd and atx only. It was built all the way up to I think 2003. Good luck trying to find a motor from one. I would assume it has some nice options on it, though.

But there's quite a few options for the KL. I personally like finding a way to make a car faster than to just add on everybody's parts. Granted, they are proven, it's quite funny to me. People spend all type of money just for a couple more hp to the wheels. If no one else wants to go in on the headers if I ever get the email back from him, then I'm going in for myself and I'll just leave bread crums, sort of speak.

The capella wagon had the KLZE with awd and atx only. It was built all the way up to I think 2003. Good luck trying to find a motor from one. I would assume it has some nice options on it, though.

But there's quite a few options for the KL. I personally like finding a way to make a car faster than to just add on everybody's parts. Granted, they are proven, it's quite funny to me. People spend all type of money just for a couple more hp to the wheels. If no one else wants to go in on the headers if I ever get the email back from him, then I'm going in for myself and I'll just leave bread crums, sort of speak.

Mike Seli makes cams in different stages. Interprep tuning makes a couple set of cams from mild to wild. wiesco makes the pistons. You could always go with an external oil cooler with a fan. You might wanna consider adding oil squirters to your block because only the DE's up to '97 have them. But that means that your oil pressure will drop some so I'd probably shim the oil pump to increase pressure. There's quite a few options if you're serious about doing them. We don't have endless options like the honda community. We have to make our own.

I will be interested in the custom headers. I am already aware that we have to make are own options at some point. I think i like that more in a sense. I am pretty serious about this. So is this a option on going towards bullet proofing or is it possible? I want to say that anything u put ur mind to is possible but, another member alread said it can't be done and he didnt tell me why. Do you have any phone numbers, websites, or any other contact information from these places/people u listed?

The people who told you that couldn't be done are people who don't go looking for solutions to questions unanswered. I've seen a turbo Daewoo making over 400whp and is daily driven. I've seen charts of a turbo Mazda FS making upwards 600 whp. I've also seen a built up KLZE putting down over 1000whp on a rwd austrailian car. Anything is possible if you're willing to go the extra mile.

Cosworth put a 2.0L KFZE into a Ford Mondeo and it put down 311hp. That did the same modifications to the KL and it put down 389hp. This is all motor btw. Nothing's impossible.

The people who told you that couldn't be done are people who don't go looking for solutions to questions unanswered. I've seen a turbo Daewoo making over 400whp and is daily driven. I've seen charts of a turbo Mazda FS making upwards 600 whp. I've also seen a built up KLZE putting down over 1000whp on a rwd austrailian car. Anything is possible if you're willing to go the extra mile.

Cosworth put a 2.0L KFZE into a Ford Mondeo and it put down 311hp. That did the same modifications to the KL and it put down 389hp. This is all motor btw. Nothing's impossible.

You remind me of my friend. He works on my car and we have been planning to bullet proof mine and his and go n/a. Do you have any contact info in the atlant area (metro)? Maybe i can get so poeple to contact. I now have just gotten a second job like literally 30 mins ago and I am sure now that i will ahve the money to get all this done. Any other advice? Whats the first direction? The installations u were talkin about before with the oil and how does that help?

All depends on how far you're trying go. Do you have a second vehicle?

Not at the moment. I might need one cuz both jobs are walkin distance and i dont mind walking. I want to go as far as possible but, within in driveability. Don't want it so powerful that i cant use it as a daily driver. When i get a second vehicle then i will try to take it as far as n/a can go or try to any way.

That is pretty impressive. I just can't think of a reason to do it besides "for the hell of it."

That is pretty impressive. I just can't think of a reason to do it besides "for the hell of it."

Cant look at videos where im at but i will most definitely when i get bnack home. I want to do it cuz i want to but also because I have been told by so many its not possible and i want to show that a mazda can kick a$$. So many people i know make fun of my car and what i want to do with it. A guy that drives a 5.0L mustang runnin about 260hp not sure if thats to the wheels. he dont have much just a stock set up with exauhst and cai and another guy that has a lincon ls with a lttle v8 makin aroun 240ish with exhaust. i want to show them a n/a KL can beat them.

Also would like to be able to run against some people at a racing scene in florida.

That video of the 323 was amazing! Definitely makes my brain click. I just dont know where to start this project...

Cant look at videos where im at but i will most definitely when i get bnack home. I want to do it cuz i want to but also because I have been told by so many its not possible and i want to show that a mazda can kick a$. So many people i know make fun of my car and what i want to do with it. A guy that drives a 5.0L mustang runnin about 260hp not sure if thats to the wheels. he dont have much just a stock set up with exauhst and cai and another guy that has a lincon ls with a lttle v8 makin aroun 240ish with exhaust. i want to show them a n/a KL can beat them.

Also would like to be able to run against some people at a racing scene in florida.

I like mustangs. Tell him that there's a 626 that wanna run him. Please let me make an example out of him. PLEASE!!!!! Tell him if he wanna run from a dig or from a roll, we can line 'em up any time.

BTW, I was just in Stone mountain yesterday visiting another 626 member. He rarely post on here, but he's always around.

Haha really? We should ahve lunch some time if you drove to stone mountain. Where do yuo think i should start this project? Of course everything mechanically wrong needs to be fixed but after that where do I go?

I will get in touch with him and ask em. I will get back in touch with u with an answer.

I like mustangs. Tell him that there's a 626 that wanna run him. Please let me make an example out of him. PLEASE!!!!! Tell him if he wanna run from a dig or from a roll, we can line 'em up any time.

Blackshine, if you walk a Mustang in the 6 by the next Varsity meet, I will buy your food.

When yall meet up let me know if yall dont mind me taggin along or sumthin. I wouldnt mind meeting some people around my area. I have not been able to talk to him...he called out today from work i am guess cuz his dad but he has used that excuse so many times i dont know....

The meet I'm referring to happens at the Varsity (in ATL) the first Thursday of every month. I'm out of Georgia for most of the year, so I've never been able to go to one, but I'm headed to the one next week. I can't speak for Blackshine, though. It'd be cool to have a couple sixers there. Let me know if you plan on going and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Edit: Scratch that, Learn. The Varsity meet is a week from this Thursday. I had my weeks mixed.

Blackshine, if you walk a Mustang in the 6 by the next Varsity meet, I will buy your food.

I'll take that offer biggrin.gif

When yall meet up let me know if yall dont mind me taggin along or sumthin.

I wouldnt risk racing at this point. Not in the position to do that lol. I would love to meet up but, unfortunately I will be working that day. Btw the guy with the mustang....he is currently unable to do anything because his dad is back in the hospital.

Whats a good way to start on reinforcing a motor? Replacing headers?

So, anyway, back on topic....

I think there are some Eagle H-beam connecting rods that will work for the KL which should help with bullet proofing.